I was just sent a Facebook link to a sick-out

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone else seen it. It's probably just a disgruntled solstas phleb. Dec 1st sick-out over quest bringing in and hiring new phlebs at a higher wage than seasoned employees and expecting them to just deal with it. Personally, I would lose my mind if some wet-behind-the-ears newbie was making more than I was. I started out as a phleb years ago. The industry changed. It's sad. There are a lot of hard working people out there working for poverty wages. An old friend who has a daughter that works as a phleb says that they have to do "elvaluations" to get a raise. So someone off of the street right out of school can come in at a higher wage than a veteran that needs to be evaluated to make more. I am glad I work for someone else now in a better position for a better company. I still read these boards to see how old friends are doing. I'll check back. The thought of what Solstas/Quest would lose in a day or two by this move would be insane. More power to them. Godspeed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, a sick out is a good idea. It sure would teach Quest a lesson. Give me a break. Get real, it's in their interest to pay as low as they can. That makes these offices more profitable. If the phlebs don't like the pay, they should look somewhere else. Quest will sure find other people who will take the lower wage - no question.

Not saying it is right, or fair, or anything like that. All I'm saying is, that's the way it is.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. It will do nothing. However it would piss me off if new hires made more than I made. Another $1(my guess) an hour is $160 a month(before taxes). That's a phone bill. That's car insurance. I spend on average $40 a week for gas to and from work. The OP isn't actually saying that they are underpaid, he is saying Quest pays more but have yet to raise the pay for the employees they "bought". It's bs. I hope they don't lose their jobs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually heard someone talking about this today. I think it would be fun to just sit back and watch.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if Quest is even planning on raising wages for the phlebotomists? I know that their company pays more than Solstas. I was just wondering how much. I know it varies from state to state. Another thing I noticed is that Solstas is STILL hiring. I thought they were Quest now? According to both websites, Quest and Solstas are hiring in the same cities. How is that even possible? I agree with the OP that it is wrong. However the sick out will do nothing but get people fired. I know they are the low men and women on the totem pole but many of them work their butts off for little pay.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you give some specific examples of this happening where Quest is hiring new IOP's at a higher rate than existing employees with equal or higher qualifications?

I think you should have a "sick out" but you don't have the stones to pull it off. A bunch of hot air being blown.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one must simply look at Quest's Job Listing page. The starting wage(minimum) is higher than what Solstas pays their seasoned phlebotomists. That is if you can find the postings before they take them down. I think the rumblings at the psc's are getting back to the powers that be.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which cities/towns are you speaking of? Is it just on Quests website or on job search engines? I know "the switch" is happening in January but anything that has to do with wage/salary has been pushed back to April. I too have a problem with the wage discrepancy. Quest has a minimum that they pay. If that minimum IS HIGHER than current employees that have been told that they actually now work for Quest, well...there may be a mess to mop up. Current Solstas/Quest employees should AT LEAST be making the minimum. That's a no brainer. Corporate greed. Merry f'ing xmas...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the Soldass vamps are all getting axed?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is this facebook post? Link? Is this a hoax? Proof would be nice.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got wind of this in Greensboro. Not very smart.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are Solstas phlebotomists in Tennessee making >$18.00/hour. I know of several actually. So you're saying that Quest new hires are starting at over $18/hr.?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i've worked for Solstas for 3 years. Red Cross before that. Hospital before that. 8 years. I make nowhere near $18. Wait, I lied, I make $18 in an hour and 45 minutes. My .17 raise after three years has made the difference.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$10.30 is low. You must be in NC

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I make $10/ hr.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atlanta hears you loud and clear.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people are idiots. A fake sick day will do absolutely nothing but get you fired right before the Holiday. You do realize this is a public forum.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So is anyone actually doing this or is it just hot air?