Amedisys

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the reduction in Falls among your BFL patients! You will see an overall of around 90% reduction in falls from cert to d.c. Studies show that typical gait and strength strength training does not prevent falls. There is a science to BFL and this program actually saves CMS money overall with the reduction in fall related ER visits and hospitalizations. If you went to BFL training you'd understand.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you attacking that person? They simply said they got a call from a lawyer, too. Did not say that they disagreed with BFL just that they also got a call from a lawyer.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wasn't attacking that person my response was to the person before. Sorry : )

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, our government, including CMS, don't often look at the long term benefits. I'm sure that BFL will save CMS money in the long term, but right now, they I think they are seeing an influx in diagnosis codes for certain programs that are much higher than the national average. That raises concerns when this is not the case with other companies across the country. Just because they are looking into something, doesn't mean that something bad will happen. It's not necessarily a bad thing that CMS is looking into it, they could find nothing wrong and praise Amedisys.

Also, govt agencies often contract out to attorneys or other private companies to do work for them that they either can't do efficiently themselves or just don't want to. I have a masters in government and non-profit management and we're taught to employ this practice as a cost saving practice (private industry can always do things cheaper than government can). If, and it's a big if, CMS decides to investigate this, they would only look at active and closed records and would interview current employees during an audit. More than likely, they would only interview the DOO and/or therapy directors and not the actual PTs, OTs, COTAs, or PTAs. They would not have access to former employees whereas an attorney could interview and depose former employees.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went to BFL training and like the program. I never said I disagreed with it. I only reported what the message that the attorney was indicating that CMS is theorizing. I liked BFL and think that other companies will soon be adopting something similar. I've heard rumors that Heartland Home Health is going to develop a similar program.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i'm not sure what that position is. They have "Sales Performance Coaches" which are basically corporate level AEs who help out the AEs who are in the field daily. They may have simply changed their title. Not sure though.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You probably didn't get the job because the dm was freaked out when you bit them on the ass.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is funny!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are a group from western NY and could not agree with you more. To a T.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we in Western NY are experiencing the same thing. Every step is monitored and they know where we go at every moment. We see it an an invasion of our privacy and the ultimate insult. We are adults and understand our responsibilities, but we are micro-managed to the end. Every single AM in this area has talked of quitting and one has so far.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also agree with this. Mr. Borne is a very kind man and I had the pleasure of meeting him in April at the last BFL presentation but I too, wonder if he knows what is going on around the country. The April meeting was uplifting, but the bubble burst once I returned home. I am not new to home care or to nursing, but money does seem to be the bottom line, not quality patient care. I no longer wish to be a part of this fiasco and received notification today of a new opportunity. I will miss my co-workers, but not the upper management.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's just say that there are too many chiefs and not enough indians.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Up to two AMs out the door now in WNY.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't know bad until you work for Chris Hambrick and Teresa Ledgerwood! One day, they will get what is coming to them.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow people.. You need to get a new job.. I have worked for Amedisys for three years and I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. Maybe you should spend this energy on working with your managers to make a change, or get out and see how great the next HH company is.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obliviously you don’t work in the Florida territory. I’m on the Ops side of things and we will run those Pharma guys out, Patti will make sure of that. Then we can all go back to loving our jobs like you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must live in Patti's underpants. You've posted the SAME thing in three different threads. What happens if Patti is eliminated?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Mr. Vice President of Sales!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OH, c'mon Jenice! Can't you be a little more discrete about your usual outspoken opinions about pharma folks?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that I am away from Amedisys (for over a month now) and see how it looks from the outside, I see how much worse they look than I thought! Amedisys made a laughing stock out of Staffbuilders and frankly, I am embarrassed for them. That's so sad.