Advice on Pfizer Contract

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a potential job opportunity with the Pfizer contract that is set to expire in July. I have several years of pharma experience and I'm currently selling DME equipment for a very dysfunctional company.

There are things I love about my current job and things I hate. I broke into DME when I was forced back into the work force last year after my spouse lost their high paying pharma job. My spouse is STILL unemployed, going on 10 months!

My current job pays $15,000 less then what I could make on this contract and the auto reimbursement is $100 dollars less with no mileage reimbursment. BUT, my current job does not have an expiration date as long as I'm meeting my monthly hurdles, which I am. Right now, I'm grateful to have income. If my company manages to process the paperwork from my sales, I just might make a little extra money in bonus each month too.

Am I nuts to even consider going back to pharma even though it pays more in the short term? What are the real chances this contract is going to be extended? Is the risk of both my spouse and I being out of work at the same time again to probable with this current contract? Trying to do some real soul searching here. What would you all say?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay where you are until you find a better job.

they keep us totally clueless here. I am thankful for the opportunity, but its not a step up.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess it would depend on the particular contract you are talking about..........

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on where you live too. The PFE contract on the West Coast is awful..changes, horrible RFC....ASk other around where you live and see. Out here many have quit or gone on disability because of her.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay where you are, the Pfizer contract is a mess.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how many pfizer contracts are there?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are two pfizer contracts. One is primary care and one in vaccine.

I am assuming you are talking about vaccine considering you mentioned July.

Stay where you are, this job will expire in July and there is no roll over. You will have the chance to interview, but you could apply yourself from the outside without joining the contract. It is extremely unorganized and it was completely misleading as far as bonuses and territory. You are driving your own car in a large territory, it's not worth it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not go back to pharma, you will be further plagued when looking outside of the industry. No one wants pharma reps! Every job has it's downfalls but if you find times that you love it, stay where you are, you won't find those times here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I absolutely can't wait for this contract to end, so I can move out of pharma. To say that they lied to us on this contract (bonus, numbers, etc), is an understatement.

Also, the Pfizer managers treated most of us like crap. No respect. Total bullshit. But, that's life, and I cannot recommend contract to anyone, unless they are out of unemployment benefits.