Big Brother landed on my door step

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MobileIron does and will track your iPad, and turning it off is a violation & grounds for termination. While Alcon claims they won't 'track you 24/7' my guess is they will do random checks (probably multiple times per week).
    The funny thing is, I spend far more than 40 hours a week working. We always work through lunch, usually driving and/or doing business lunches. We don't get admin days, so my nights are spent doing any type of analysis at all, busy work like the 200 Plateau assignments, PDMA, expense reports, & trying to sort through IT issues. Oh not to mention the dinners and overnights necessary to grow business.
    When I took the job I knew it wasn't 8-5, I realize working 1-2 hours at night & on weekends is part of the job. However part of taking the job was also the flexibility it provided to not answer to micromanagement. If I need to end my day at 4, I shouldn't have to feel bad about it. I work my butt off for Alcon, & guess what? Sales reps aren't in the field every single day 8-5!! At any company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just drop off your Ipad to the guy that picks up lab samples at each office every day!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does Mobileiron track you?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MobileIron website has info on it's tracking capabilities, or google it & see

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are cases that can block out signals to the Ipad, including WIFI, GPS and Cell.

Google it.

Remember, your grandma gave it to you as gift. If you ever get called out on it, just say you didn't know it blocked out signals, you just liked the design. Sorry DM, I won't use it anymore and thank you for pointing this out so I can be more compliant.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you are a drug rep. Spend your days interviewing to get out of pharma. The best part of pharma is having enough free time to interview.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The iPad is not big brother." Straight from the video teaser. Yah right.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Children, every single surgical sales rep has had an iPad for nearly 2 years. So have the surgical DMs. So has nearly every other surgical or pharma company on the planet. You entitled little sissies need to put on your grown up pants and go to work like literally the rest of the world. Jesus, you complain about anything. SUCK IT UP AND SELL.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you don't like it - start telling your bosses you want a pc back, it would be so much easier for the IT people and would save them having to rescue your ass every time you download the next dumb app

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh shut up Boxer, no wonder you end up at the glue factory.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having your location tracked has zero to do with being a good sales rep. If people wanted to be accountable for their time and be micromanaged, they could work in an office.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am with another device company with a Ipad and they allow us to turn off location services on the app. Their rationale is they hired reps. that want to earn money so they don't want to police us.

They literally told us during the launch "We don't care about the location services/GPS/time stamp function because too much of your pay is based on commission. If you are done on Friday by 2 and have hit your number, we don't care."

I guess it depends on where you work...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I forget my iPad 50% of the time when I leave my house

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What could a walking billboard do in an office?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a solid organized professional. Good argument or whatever you're trying to say. I'm not sure you made a point.