Working in Sales at Alcon

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2014 at 9:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the good/bad here for VC/SEE reps? Thinking about working here.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pay sucks, goals are way to high too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above ignorant poster - Alcon has three separate divisions, only one is Pharma. Educate yourself or STFU

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is your point? This is cafe PHARMA.

So glad I left this place...Jesus.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're glad you're gone too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. No problem.

Alcon is a good stepping stone job. If you think this is a career, I think most of my friends who used to work here who have quit and moved on to better things would disagree.

This is one step above working at a rent a car counter and you know it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL you're still a professional sample dropper

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm post above you. I got out of Alcon and went to sell capital equipment.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who states Alcon pays well has little industry expierence. They pay less than most companies and sell you on the dream of commision. Goals are so high very few make good money.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a good point in what you say. I left Alcon to go sell capital equipment. I am home sick today so I have time to post.

I make more as a rep selling doo dads than my pharma DM did at Alcon.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THE AX MAN COMETH

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm confused people working at Alcon in sales roles such as MSR and OSR make about 60k base. That is so low when many of these reps like SS in NY have worked at Alcon for a while but never has made 6figures any year. Nobody who made presidents club last year was over plan nor made any money Alcon has decent products but awful management and bad bonus plans not rep friendly

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon is not a high paying job for DMs or Reps. Based on what my friends are making at other companies, I would put Alcon in the bottom 50% in terms of pay.

Laser reps are the only ones who make good money.

And that is why I left.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS quotas, crap raises, ass kiss culture and mismanagement. Smart people have left....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think he was agreeing with you- he wasn't saying you were being disrespectful at all. The last art was directed to the guy he's referring to at the end.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You responded to me. I didn't take it that way at all. I was just providing clarification as to why I didn't like going around boozing and kissing ass.

I can tell you guys, Alcon is a unique place unlike anywhere I have EVER worked. The only thing I really liked here was that the products were pretty good. It wasn't like I was selling shit.

BUT, the high-school mentality here was so bad I had to leave. When you are past that point in your life, you laugh at all the gossipers, back stabbers and corporate kiss asses.

...And the place I am at now is a professional place. It is about merit and aptitude.

I was a bad fit here. I just wanted to do my job and get paid for it. I wasn't aware that when I came here, I was joining a fraternity, minus the initiation.

Strange strange place.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No well known ex-football players work here. Wrong company!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they really check your GPA from College.. I mean my god I have been out 15 years...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, they check fraternity and sorority memberships though!