tearlab

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone hear of this company? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is Alcon on the 15th....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

May or June?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, if you're only discovering TearLab now, you have not been in many offices over the last 18 months!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your absolutely right, I am not from a eye care, ophthalmology sales background, I am from a different background obviously. I have heard of Alcon before but not Tearlab, Is it that odd?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the compensation and culture? Do they give out cars or car allowance? Anyone?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would also love to hear any reviews/opinions on working for Tearlab. I am in pharma but am not familiar with Tearlab so any input would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Tear Lab ,the pay is low , the ic sucks,take it if you have nothing but don't leave anything decent STAY where you are!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tearlab is a snake pit. If you want unattainable quotas and a very unreliable piece of equipment to sell go work for them. Tearlab reps are on edge and looking for another opportunity 99%!of the time. We just hired away a DFW Tearlab rep into the Vision Care team. Say no more.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Tear Lab and this is absolutely true!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard nothing but really great stuff about the new management and company culture. An up and coming company.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did you say that?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old post and old rumor. This small device company was reorganized by ex-Alcon leadership about a year ago.

According to public records they just finished the final sales force changes/layoffs a few weeks ago. The executive team's work history is the only association with Alcon. (CEO-Seph Jensen, VP sales-Raymond Kong, VP Marketing- Julie Speed). Strong leadership trying to build something new after leaving us here at Alcon.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have been in process of moving their headquarters close to Alcon in Ft Worth. With the layoffs it will be interesting to see if Alcon acquires them.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are based out of SanDiego.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are based in San Diego but what I find interesting is there is an office in the Fort Worth area. The CEO is there and he brought on a team of Alcon management. They are all there. I have followed because I had interest in a position previously and was watching the stock. I dodged a bullet for sure. Who knows....It is just intriguing to me.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great people there now. Company completely changed. Time to buy.