thanks but no thanks!

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2014 at 7:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon- You can take your "relief" quota adjustment and shove it. Another carrot dangled in front of us only to result in further disappointment which lowers morale even further (which i didn't think was possible). You can take your microscopic quota adjustment back. You suck!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some people even had adjustments that raised their quotas.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are the goals even out yet?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This BS goes on every year with promises things will get better. Fact is this is repetitive yearly in one form or another. This place is a JOKE!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol my simbrinza went up ALOT

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine went up! I was over 100% and now I am way under. Anyone else that was over 100% now have increased goals that pulled them below 100%? I find this suspicious
    I didn't know that an increase was on the table. This is BS

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New Simbrinza goal took me from over 100 to WAY below... so much for relief. I was doing just fine before my "relief"

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol goals definitely went up. Significantly.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No offense but you morons keep staying instead of voting with your feet. I left a year ago and it is the single best thing I ever did. I wasted 13 years on Alcon and it hurt my career. I remember hearing about quota adjustments and realizing later it was all fixed. They would always ask us as managers to buy in and sell it to reps. I can remember questioning it when I uncovered the lies and being asked to lie. It sucked and Alcon sucks. Leave while you can , don't let them control your life/career.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad you were able to make it out. But not everyone is so lucky... Different situations with too many years in to walk away from retirement, single parents, etc. it's not that easy.
    So it's disappointing to see loyalty of reps being repaid with screwing numbers and raising quotas for months passed. All under the the guise of being for our benefit. Meaning relief.
    It's truly truly unreal. Agree to get out if you can....otherwise, best of luck. I continually tell myself it can get worse, and then they find a new way to screw us

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said! It's a vicious circle of regaining the reps sense of trust and loyalty, and BAM! We get screwed again. The VP of Sales should never host a conference call talking about "relief" to quotas when there was a 50/50 chance of goals going up or down. That's not relief... That's a coin flip. I'm sure we'll get an email from Steve Griffith or Tracy Blair explaining the "goal setting process" that no one will understand nor care about because once again, reps are going to check out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

such a crap company, like most medical companies.
    when will you people wake up and find a professional job, where you are not micromanaged and can make the same or better, and be treated like an adult?

are you all really that dense?

LOL. Alcon! LOL. The only company that is worse is any medical device company, companies that overprice all their equipment and service. I mean, you have to be a total scumbag to do medical device and not see the con game they are playing.

back to Alcon, the selling of salt water is pretty funny. but, I do think Alcon is still better than any pharma. company selling pills to dumb people down and create more problems with side effects.

ya, Alcon is ok. but there are better spots out there. prob. is, is most of you are brainwashed and can't see the nonsense of it all.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel like we are in an abusive relationship. It is really awful. Let's see if we get conf calls from our RD's or VP to explain this away. We should all let it fall on deaf ears and not participate. I haven't heard of one person that got "relief"
    Alcon, How will you spin it this time?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My "relief" is that I won't have to worry about getting sunburned in Aruba.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait, please - someone can explain?

Does this affect field sales?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when are layoffs?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you folks in the field had any true idea of what is going on in the meetings with Steve/RD/VP/GM you would be beyond stunned. The level of planned deception is beyond comprehension. Home office person who has been in those meetings and i walked away from it.
    When the shi* hits the fan and they claim oh we didnt know either...just one more lie.
    These are not good people you are placing your faith in period. They are in for themselves, only interested in self preservation and very few if any have your interests in mind. Their only concern is how can we get them to work harder knowing full well it is for less. Any fool can stand on a stage and promise the world...it can be qutie convincing...yet only the truly foolish actually believe without proof. Things here are not good. No other way to say it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I learned through my years at Alcon to play their game, and every other rep needs to do the same!! You will never make consistent money, and things willNEVER be 'fair'. Back in the day we used to get fat bonuses, which I funneled into down payments for houses & rental properties which in turn made me money. Because we sure as hell aren't making money at Alcon anymore!! Do yourself a favor and start a side business--making & selling trinkets on Etsy, personal training, anything. We all know the pharma industry is going downhill and Alcon is going to do whatever business dictates, your loyalty means nothing to them! I see reps all the the time who depend on their bonuses because they live outside their means--and if you haven't noticed, Managers WANT you to have nice things. If you have to pay off fancy houses, cars & jewelry they can count on you to be busting your butt while they sit back and laugh. If you have a great few quarters and make 25-40k, save it & invest it, along with maxing out your 401K. Work your 40 hr week and don't get too wrapped up in the BS ( Like the fact that They are adjusting quotas in the middle of the quarter!! It's absolutely unheard of.) The fact is, layoffs will come. It's only a matter of time. Just set yourself up well so when it happens you aren't desperate!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://justleak.it

Website you can send emails anonymously. Let home office know your concerns.