Unhappy then leave

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing has changed for years including the pay, the commissions, and how poorly managers treat their employees. There's a lot of people on PIP's right now they just choose not to tell anyone. Look folks we are smart hardworking people who deserve better. Not one of us would treat another person the way they treat us. Yet all we do is "take it" and complain. So let's stop complaining cause that hasn't helped. Management is still working us overtime and paying us less and they'll raise our goals again next year. They just lowered our goals to SHUT US UP and put a little dough in our pocket. So stop complaining and do something about it. Inexperienced managers or old managers that are approaching 50 that are afraid to lose their job will come down hard on you and place the blame on the VP. They will act like it is out of their hands and screw you over. Here is 62500 and oh I know you didn't max out the 90K compensation, here is 12k for your trouble. Make those reports full of good things not bad, solutions not problems and now you make sure you balance work and family and during these hard times don't drop your markers, remember the elephant isn't the rider and you need to make a switch and oh yes people don't want to be sold?????? That is hysterical!!!! Alcon has bought into everyone of these lame concepts...it the same old idea just being repackaged...who's the sucker here, all these book maker's or Alcon...no need to ask a question you already know the answer too...yikes that's another sales concept.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your goals went down? That's funny, mine went up. In the middle of the quarter. F U Alcon.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lowered your goals? Money in your pocket? Sounds like you're doing better than the rest of us!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had to hook up strategically at poa to get it!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you see a bandwagon, it’s too late. James Goldsmith

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get out while you still can!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are all leaving in the west

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are leaving in the Midwest too.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you just come to this realization? People are leaving left and right. They are leaving from all over the country. Why don't you get started because you are a little late to the party everyone else is attending. I can tell you I quit (with a job opportunity) and now I sleep like a baby.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of the good folks left sales here years ago.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left as well. Still stop by here to see if anything has changed. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it has. Don't miss this place at all.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left, best thing I ever did. The stress has gone, the politics in my new smaller company are nowhere near as toxic as what existed in Alcon.....If you see an opportunity, take it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said - 'toxic' is the keyword. Leave before the toxic environment impacts on your decency as a human being!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep in R&D SM, RR, PR, AC, all toxic leaders that don't care about people, all toxic leaders with the bodies to back it up, just ask at their old companies, with exception of RR who was a home grown toxicity.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can't agree enough about this "toxicity" environment". No respect whatsoever for people.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis blows

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon much worst. No respect to people and their every day lives. It is all about what is convenient for the managers only.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best decision I have made is leaving thins place! The culture is so bad, the lack of direction incredible and the excuse that 'it will be better next year' every year is uncacceptable.
    Now I get paid a lot more, have less busy work and my manager isn't looking for things to criticize!
    Pretty sure someone will ask me to never look at the Alcon site and stop trolling, but reading through some of these threads just validates my decision to get out. Nowhere is perfect to work, but most places are better than Alcon :)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ditto -

Also the post regarding bad leaders appears to be missing a number of others.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you are on a PIP, the reason they do it is because they are trying to get rid of you. Dont fall for that shit. Take your severance and get out with something. You get put on a PIP, you fail to meet one criteria, youre gone without severance.

Its not a strategy to improve your performance, its a strategy to get rid of people without having to pay them severance. Shady shit. Should speak to its own actions as the morals and values of management in this company.