Zimmer Spine

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted about a sales position with a Zimmer spine distributor. How does Zimmer do in spine? Who are the players?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was as well. What is the rep of zimmer spine going up against the Synthes and Strykers of the world? thanks

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's like being in WWI and you get ordered to climb out of the trenches and run across a field and get slaughtered by the competition. Then file a report to your sales manager why you are a loser.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hows their market share in Chicago?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget about Chicago. Nothing to make there

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told there are multiple products in the pipeline for release in 2014. Any truth to this and if so anything that will help improve market share?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are several products in the pipeline for 2014 in the US that should help with share. Nothing revolutionary but incremental improvements to existing therapy's for sure. The PEEK Ardis inserter is back on the market so that should help to recover some of the share they lost.

ZS has also been making a number of deals with other companies for products that already have approval in the U.S. for Zimmer to market and sell. You can see that the Lateral Locking Cage from Frontier and the Apex Spine System from SpineCraft. Although I don't know for sure of course, there's no reason to expect they won't be trying to cut additional deals. Those should also help share.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What were you told would be coming?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no specifics. Was told 4 products in the pipe for launch in 2014 to help make Zimmer a player in spine.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they were telling the same story in 2004

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

synthes rep from CLE went to zimmer spine???? why