NSM

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Jan 20, 2014 at 6:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we are on the right track now at Zimmer. Good changes from the top down. Good meeting

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's great to hear. We thought that after the meeting last year too though, but the energy didn't seem to last. What makes the meeting different this year? I was unable to attend, but others I talked to also seemed to be mostly upbeat. Were the side sessions worth while?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last year's meeting did not compare to this year's meeting as far as morale. Orlando was a celebration. Unbelievable sales performances in 2013 and killer products in 2014. The only downer/difference in the NSM's was the location. San Antonio was warm, green and laid back last year. Orlando was brutally cold, brown and crowded. The Saturday outdoor night event was a disaster because it was in Florida. San Antonio needs to be the annual NSM home annually for Zimmer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey I heard that Dvorak is still up on stage talking at NSTM. Talk about someone taking the winds out of the sails of a company. He is a real snoozer!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny.
    But hey, in the immortal words from previous NSM main stage schticks, "shit happens". At least you didn't have to listen to the Jeff (and Jeff), Larry AND Dave show! NOT what you want to hear during your morning drive. And not enough coffee to make it through that series of back to back "inspirational" speakers without producing a ballroom full of dozing cyclopses.

Flywheel. Pillars of Excellence. Spike it Out. Cadence. Buzzwords from the most recent business book I read 3 years ago. Recycled powerpoint talk.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm curious to see how the new helmet/toga system is received. What are your thoughts?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As we action our core competencies, this toga system will be best in breed with incentivized ecosystems that will enable us to gain mindshare and monetize low-hanging fruit.

I have a headache.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ha, true... yeah, its definitely a huge market, but know some depuy guys who've tried to push their system in a few places with little success, stryker's contracts are challenging with those types of products.