Retired Abbott HR Manager taking questions

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Apr 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you spell their name correctly, you might have better luck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mr HR man, what do you think of the current pip system that they have in place? I know it's to reduce liability to the company (and headcount) from a legal standpoint, but at the end of the day it is such a waste of time and energy putting a targeted employee through 60 days of "hell". How about we just somehow "fire" without the 60 days of nonsense and make them sign a waiver that we won't challenge their unemployment upon dismissal if they agree not to take legal action. Could this be a potential option?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know someone who went through this "Hell" and is now at a Competitor and their primary focus is to target Abbott Targets. The "Non Compete" form you signed when you joined Abbott is means nothing. No judge is going to enforce it. Plus the former employee can say that they were not wanted anymore and did not want to leave so Abbott has to live with the additional cost of losing accounts to these "unwanted" former employees. So "targeting" this employee was an "expensive decision. BTW this was swept under the rug.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is Sales Rep on here that went to a Competitor and Abbott send a nasty letter to that person and the new Employer. This guy saw a lawyer and had a letter sent and he is all fine. It does appear the non compete clause is fake hand used to trick employees from not going to competitors.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck ??

MORON

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really a retired HR manager I have a question for
    Why are HR staff always drinking coffee. I mean come on HR people must need a trip to rehab
    for addiction to caffeine. It is absolutely ridiculous the amount of coffee they drink is the job so boring that all they do is drink coffee and look at Facebook all day and if you go for a meeting with a HR rep they never offer a cup of coffee and they drink 2 or 3 cups in front of you. It is polite to offer a cup of coffee if you are having one would you not agree. God dam it share the coffee beans or at least pay for it. Abbott spend millions every year on your coffee which would save jobs if spent in a correct manner so all those job losses is all down to HR people drinking coffee paid for by Abbott and then you guys tell us you are restructuring. Get the coffee out and save my job so I can support my family. GOD DAM IT.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that I am retired from Abbott I can speak. They are bored and sick of the lying to the general employees about pretending to care about them when all they care about is protecting Upper Management ( like covering for CEO who make up fake college degrees ) The Coffee keeps them awake. So there. you have it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you from Baxter? We all know that they charge personnel for coffee. Stay away, skinflint; and please forget any merger ideas. The people demand their FREE COFFEE. It's a constitutional right. Let's cut frivolous travel to frivolous meetings and booze at parties, first.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BURP

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Iam out of the closet and PROUD ! C'mon boys talk to me I gargle a lot

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hurry hirry

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The HR reps are poorly bred (inbred?) and do not know that one should offer coffee to others if one has called the meeting with others. I have found the same at other companies where I have been interviewing. I would nearly choke to death while yammering on in answer to questions while the HR reps would nod their heads while slobbering down water in bottles. If they were not illbred, they would also know that drinking from a bottle is also rude. Yes, I think all HR reps are related brethren. In fact, I think God said that inbreeding is a sin somewhere in the bible. Therefore not serving coffee or water during an interview or other meeting is also a sin, as it is the result of inbreeding, or perhaps, an adverse effect. It is a shame that one has to deal with these impolite cretins. What can be done?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the last day I can quit and still be eligible for profit sharing for this year?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some time in November. I know this as this is date can be adjusted when there are layoffs. Mgmt tries to lay folks off right before the Holidays and they want to make sure you miss that date by a few weeks when they lay you off. " Oh, Im so sorry. Just a few more weeks and you would get the $ 3000 or $ 10000 bonus you worked so hard for. Have fun fighting us as we have a army of lawyers and even if you do win you will never see a cent of it after your legal costs and it will be paid in 30 years from all the litigation (your kids might see some it though).

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could blow you if that would help

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can I just get a verbal reprimand when beettch slap my DM?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WORD

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Since a PIP relates to every Pharma company and industry I'll explain PIPS .......It's a very simple straight forward answer ....99.9% of the time (in Pharma) you are History within a year Whether through actual termination or self attrition, meaning you quit because you can't live on the edge anymore. A "Performance Improvement Plan" is about providing cover and documentation to help get rid of an employee that for some reasons (many) somebody in the management chain of command wants to move out It's a way for management to claim they did all they could to help the employee in questio while at the same time sending a message to the person that their next step is probably termination and a kick in the *** out the door it’s about gathering additional evidence and setting up the framework for termination

PIP Reasons For Target On your Back

1. You uncover wrongdoing unethical or illegal activity and Speak Up

2. You voice opinions on favoritism of certain protected employees by management These Employees are usually snitch/rats and "Managers Pets" They gossip and spread rumors and lower management protects them

3. You just plain can't produce or actually reform the required position (it happens)

4. You Have excessive Absenteeism (Occurrences ) This is the only PIP that's easy to erase

5. You Call HR or Ethic Committee Hotline to report an incident under the guise of anonymity..... Bad Move Now your manager knows and their Pets know and spread the word to fellow employees

Play On

HR

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A PIP can be dealt with MANY ways... It could also prove VERY beneficial to the accused if the complaint made by employee was of an illegal nature ,thus creating documented evidence of retaliation by company Many options on dealing with PIPS no time to explain now
    HR

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This question has come up frequently within HR. We in HR love our employees and really do not take pleasure in enacting a PIP This was forced upon us by the legal department and outside consultants. Its purpose is to limit / eliminate the risk of successful lawsuit. If you study the PIP form carefully and 'connect the dots' you will see that the Company literally ties you up and you have no recourse. These lawyers were very clever and trust me they have received monumental bonuses for developing this procedure. There have literally been zero SUCCESSFUL lawsuits since the PIP was enacted. Unfortunately the old saying ' them with the gold rule' applies here. The Company holds all the cards and the employees get (as I can now say as I am retired) the BOHICA.