GSK WARN submitted today

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta admit, the OP got me to inquire. Nice one. My question to you is, why?? Why try and cause anxiety to others? Why stress out individuals who already have enough to deal with with COTs, Simulations, etc?? You are a slime ball!! Good job! Your joke worked. Now go away for another six months. Enough time for you to do it all over again. What an a$$hole!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, everybody--stick your head in the sand, and pretend as if your position is safe. Go'head. Why scare everybody? Genius.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry everyone, this is no joke. This is real. Major chgs coming. Wait for qtr 3 results in 2 weeks. It's bad folks

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one has their heads in the sand. But don't cause premature anxiety. If it happens that GSK files a WARN letter, let it be and we will take action based on our individual situations. But to falsely spread rumors, that's just low. We all understand that corporate profits are down. We also understand that there are products to promote. Breo, Anoro, Encruz..hell, even Advair. You think GSK is just going to close shop? C'mon man! Yes, there probably should be a down sizing. Maybe 25% cut. But from what I am hearing, nothing has been discussed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP: You say you saw the WARN letter submitted? Where? You are FOS! Nice try though.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumor at shipyard is that sales is really not in the discussion for layoffs. They are an unnecessary evil according to JB. They are the foundation of "sales & marketing". Without a sales force, you have no product marketing positions, sales managers, regional managers, business managers. We are hearing that administration will be slashed. Also a rumor that we may consolidate into one campus. Eliminate redundancies. Just rumors but that's whats being discussed around the water coolers.

Administrative cuts = 25% cut Cost savings 100,000,000 per year
    Sales & marketing = 10% cut. Cost savings 75,000,000 per year

Early retirements may also be on the table. Reduce higher salaries and retain lower salaried employees. Then again, this is all speculation...Just like the OP.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP was not "speculating". The OP was making a comment like it was fact. Speculation is when you are making an educated guess based on the information that you have available (yet it is still a guess).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The OP can say it is a fact, but that does not make it so. Show me the WARN letter. Provide a link. Something. Anything. Oh, but he/she commented as if it were a fact. It's all speculative.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just asking... How does one become the Spin Doctor for multi-media specialty communications at GSK?... You seem to have the only job that's safe AND CLEARLY... no pesky Patient First accountability. Unless, of course, your willing to join the Patient First Army or should I say Patient First Slaves..?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still no proof of your claims on the WARN submission. Try again, troll. You are so full of it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe you misread or presumed I was here before.... I never posted anything about the WARN filing, though I read through the thread. I really don't care anymore about whether there's a WARN on file...I'm "WARN out." SO... about the spin position? I want your job. You seem happy and probably save tremendously on dry cleaning. I need what... a phone line and quippy attitude that thrives on proliferating misinformation? You're SO PRO-GSK and frankly, Harley-Davidson folks, Jets fans, Texans... they have other things to do than support their favorite things 24/7 on a website... yet you can't resist. It's almost like you are aware at all times day and night what nasty thing may need to be PROPERLY represented by you- the "Light" that is shining bright for GSK.

Again, how do I get your job?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well first you need to live in your parents basement, have no distracting activities like a social life. Drinking heavy helps and being able to bend over and stick your head up your own ass is a real plus. Good luck

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It may be a pretty sweet gig free high speed internet for the fasted response times when someone posts something negative about Deeds or patient first or really anything GSK related. No assessments, simulations or cots since you probably could not pass them anyway. One free lunch per week at the company cafeteria, but only one pass thru the line is allowed and no refills on drinks. No company car but they will loan you a company bike if needed. Gsk use to offer great healthcare benefits but now you must enroll in Obamacare. There are a ton of other benefits can't think of more hopefully someone else will help you out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like the board troll spent his entire evening yet again posting on this board with his typical nonsenses and repetition.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I appreciate your concern for our anxiety, I appreciate the warning or "heads up" about the lay offs. Whether or not it's true, let us decide. Afterall, isn't that why we are all on cafe pharma, for the scoop? There's nothing worse than getting slammed with no warning and then everybody at once is out shopping for jobs and fighting over "limited" positions. I have found that in most rumors there is a little bit of truth to it. I'm assuming that you are in management or in house. Either way, I appreciate any tips and then I will determine whether I think it's false or not.