Junior Rep not Getting Promoted

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been a junior rep for close to four years now and have been passed over twice for territories. Both territories were given to surgeon relatives with no experience. I was told that's "part of the business" and to be patient. I have an opportunity to have my own territory with Microport. One of the doctors I work with has said he'd follow me because my senior rep doesn't even come around much anymore. Should I do it?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what business unit are you in? thats pretty uncommon, to be an asr at stryker for that long- unless you are really terrible but not worht firing since you maintain existing business.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

take it and go away !!!! if you were worth a dam and could sell not cover you would get the job
    bye bye sell that Chinese crap

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true meathead. Nepotism is all too common though

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you have to be so mean? You should devote that energy to treating your back acne.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a very knowledgeable Styrker employee to me???
    Wonder is this rep knows where the original tibial nail idea came from back during WWII? Walking those allied prisoners of war ???? Nice having Nazi history behind your trauma products?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Move on!! Stryker doesn't mean a thing anymore. Go to the competition. Your worth more there anyway. There is a lot of us EX-Stryker making a living in medical sales.

GO BE ALL YOU CAN BE.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hiring a surgeons RELATIVE...... Sounds like a STARK LAW VIOLATION to me!!!!

U must turn them in to The USAG Office at once!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Junior Rep? At Stryker we call them ASR's. And like the previous posters said, regardless of your division, you have been in that role too long. Move on bud and land a sales role with another company if having your own territory is what you want to do. Stryker will use, abuse, and discard you for newer and fresher talent regardless of what you've done here. This company puts you where they want to put you. Period. On the positive side, a competitor will look at your 4 years experience as an ASR with Stryker, and if you have a likeable personality, don't look like a toad, and can convince them you can sell, you should have no problem landing your own territory. Good luck

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Solid advice..In most of these scenarios, you are extremely valuable in covering cases and doing all the grunt work, yet not taking a huge draw from the territory, or being paid an avg base. You work well with the senior guys, so why the heck would they want to promote you. You are needed and you cost little and the senior guys get to keep their commissions. Pretty normal stuff in all devices. Someone has to leave or there must be a new whale moving in or competitive conversion to carve out a territory, or you can relocate to an area that needs an experienced rep. Your position is all too common in all device jobs. If a new hiring manager is aware of how things work, he would know your situation all to well and see you have a solid track record with a good company. Hard for a company to turn away new business today even if it involves surgeon relatives. asses your current situation if there is room to bring you on as a full line rep, if not, seek relocation and network, if not, start looking. there are jobs out there. If you try and move to a diff company doing the same thing, your are back to square one as a junior rep proving yourself again, unless a legit territory is avail. Good luck!! Been there too. Junior rep 2 years til I got my own gig.