layoffs this wednesday

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seem all but a done deal. some RVPs already have vacation booked starting next week which is a tell tale sign they are going to do some dirty work before they leave.

here are the vegas odds for some news to come out on the 22nd.

AW announces he is leaving early next year: 7/2
    DD announces he is leaving: 8-1
    Layoffs of 1000-1999 in NA Pharma: 2-1
    Layoffs of 2000+ in NA Pharma: 4-1

I'll take the AW/DD exacta for $2. Might pay more than my severance

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll take the 100% guarantee parlay.

$1,000 on:

no layoff announcement wednesday
    that you will continue to try and spread fear.

No layoffs this year folks. Next year...who knows. Bu the OP is a bonafide idiot.

So OP, how do I collect on my bet? You are an idiot!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll guarantee you one thing. Earnings will suck and you're a total loser and your failed PF idea will be exposed to the financial world. Wall St will then destroy your stock unless you announce changes because your ideas around motivating a sales force are insane. Id take a 100,000 bet on that but you cant afford it HR punk.

Please talk smack back because YOU know as well as I that earnings will be a joke and I can then laugh in your face.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not the OP but I will gladly take your wager. If you win and want to collect your winnings you will have to post you name and address so I will know where to send the check. Do we have a bet?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares about layoffs? I'm just so glad it's almost hollween and my entire district is getting all fired up about our costumes!! Oh what a great job being a drug rep is. I'm going as Dracula this year, the offices just love it!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know, it is hard to imagine missing the earnings target after falling so far short last quarter. A couple sites, Motley Fool, for instance have hinted there might be a positive earnings surprise this quarter. I guess they are basing that upon the fine in China being somewhat less than it could have been.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here,

not trying to instil any additional fear than beyond what is already in place from the leaders in the organization. let's face it, we have fear-based leadership at top levels from CET down to LOC.

they've been driving people out of the company for many months, which saves $ on what they need to spend on packages. now we're getting close to when they want headcount off the books for (end of 2014).

anyways, i may just have a bit more time to spend on this board after tomorrow…

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't happen this quarter! A WARN (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act) would have had to have been filed weeks ago in order to get a head count reduction in 4th quarter!
    First quarter of 2015, well that 's a possibility!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey board troll, do you think you might get some new material?

First of all, the sales are slow, but the roof is not falling in. With the Novartis deal, we will end up with a slower growth business, but it will be more stable. Secondly, if you look at our overall headcount, we are bloated. We actually need to reduce headcount (in my opinion). My guess is that even if we announce some kind of reduction, it will still not be what it should be. Look around, we all know our sales force is much larger than it needs to be.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. First of all, you can go ahead and announce at any time that you are doing a reduction. Then you can go ahead a file. The filing just requires a 60 notice, which still leaves enough time for q4.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Motley Fool - let's see the word Fool is there for a reason. There is no way a positive earnings surprise is coming. I would wager my house the the earnings have taken a steeper decline than the 1st two quarters of the year-maybe combined!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if a WARN is not filed within the next 14 days then a layoff will not happen in 2014! Additional evidance that it will not happen this year is that no reduction/reorganization announcement was made last Friday on the MCS townhall! And JC assured everyone that GSK values the hospital account space!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you read the post moron? Of course we are bloated wich is why Wall St will have a fit after earnings demanding reductions and changes in leadership. No way we have an earnings surprise. advair continues to underperform and the launches have been an outright disaster. Expecting nightmare earnings.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it will be awful. I'm guessing 15 000 - 20 000

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ughhhh! There will be no layoffs this year. None, zip, nada! Earnings will probably be lower, and that may drive future decisions for next year. But for 2014, NO LAYOFFS!!

Now, in 2015, who knows? My guess is that there will be a re-structure of some sort. How many lose their jobs is anyones guess. One of the things we can all do is to make management (TSMs, DBMs, RBMs, Sector VPs, etc) aware of the ineptitude and complete lack of any prescriptions from the ICT/IDN, CAM, and HAM representatives. The have contributed absolutely nothing!!! They have actually had a negative ROI to this organization...to a person! Cut those divisions and re-organize General Pharma. It's the right thing to do. Again, make management aware of this obvious drain to the GSK bottom line. Management knows it, but if you let them know that WE know it, it makes their decision more difficult. Let me give you an example:

Historically, "speciality divisions/reps" have been viewed as superior. Evidence of this comes from previous down-sizings..Managers and specialty reps were always..yes always, offered a territory or a severance package. Field reps get the pink slip. However, times have changed. More and more managers understand that those so called "special forces" couldn't be noting more than a illusion. As now we see their productivity or lack there of. It has been discussed amongst management.

So tell anyone who will listen about the ridiculous nature of these divisions. Ask those who will listen to show you where their prescriptions are?? This action may save your job next year.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya know, I have friends at other Pharm co's. To the letter, they have the same complaint as you do! Their version of CAMs and HAMs have self proclaimed very poor access to key accounts and hospitals, so they spend time…..trying to get in to SEE these accounts. Since they often can not, they tag along with the field force, and then fire off fancy emails, spreadsheets, and grids justifying their $170,000 salary. Go to any CP company site, you'll probably see the same complaints that we have. I certainly hear it!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi troll. Read the post again. You are having comprehension problems.

No need for you to worry much longer about GSK. You are about to be shown the door and your misery will be over.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2014 is over moron. It's October. Quit talking about the past. 2015 is here NOW! Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Tomorrow should be

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be no layoffs this Wednesday or any other day in 2014. Stop the non-sense. Andew Witty and DC are strong leaders and will help the company get back on track. JB is also a very strong leader. You'll see that your waste of energy around this topic was for not. Be postive and stay focused on your job and things will work out.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wasn't this Wednesday, but hang on ! Yes sir, those are wonderful, strong leaders....but look which way they have led us !