Open Michigan Position?

Discussion in 'Smiths Medical' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2008 at 7:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know anything about this position? Why is it open? Info about the company? Manager? etc? thanks for your help

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would stay away unless you are just desparate to get into medical sales. This company is one of the most unorganized companies i have ever seen. there are a TON of territories open all over the country. People are leaving left and right. No one can figure out the comp plan...and they are not giving any straight answers. Make sure you ask about that in the interview. They will probably feed you a line of how much better things are getting. We will see. Expectations: 50-60 base, company car, promise of 50+ in bonus but you will be lucky to see $15-20.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the above poster, company not doing well, a lot of promises but no follow through. All products on backorder and comp plan not issued unitl half way through the fiscal year. If this is Safety Access position then Ann Ziegler is the Manager, new to management and havent heard great things. If you just need to get into the industry and dont need to make a lot of money then go for it. I would recommend staying far away!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Safety, rep left because he did not get along with manager. She is came from hospital departmental management, was a rep in successful territory, but does not know how to deal with tough territories. Michigan has been a tough territory to work and succeed. Has had 4 reps in last 6-7 years. Not much stability, and this is a very heavy territory in IDN/IHN. Contracts have been signed within last year or two. Follow previous post.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had phone interview last week with DM for Michigan position. DM seemed clueless. What a waste of time. He did say competitors have the marketshare in the territory. Did not know how long the position was open, other than they have same amount of turnover as other companies.

Waste of time.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The open position for Michigan is for the Access division. The manager is Kirk L. and he is the biggest f^%&# moron in the company. He kisses Stev M's ass. He is very clueless. He is also the national sales trainer for the company. You do not want to work for the d'bag. I heard he gets very nervous in front of docs. The company is always on backorder. They are very disorganized and you will make no money. I warned you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I second all of that. If you're coming from pharma and you're dying to get into device then give it a shot. That territory is tiny, underperforming and you'll be lucky to break $100K.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

funny, recruiter contacted me that week, once he said it was for smith's, I told him I was not interested... sounds like they are having tough time filling this position.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still Open? Wow! Recruiter called me about this gig. Told her not interested. Open since July?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who was the former rep in this territory?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello. A Recruiter contacted me for this position in Michigan. How long has it been an open territory? Did the recent rep get canned?

13. Stay away from Smiths. The management is horrible, besides being from the UK and they create more backorder problems for the sales force than they would admit.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That Michigan position is always open. High turnover which leads me to believe management blows.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually there is very little turnover. A year ago I believe they had problems with backorders and some turnover. Depending on the division back orders this year have been minimal. Every company has "management problems". Don't take everything you read on this site to heart.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Position is open again! Recruiters contacted me this week. Told them not interested! Heard company has blind leading the blind.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay Away! Left when the ship was sinking and best decision ive ever made. Managers are clueless and company jacks around with the numbers.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

company blows!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: smiths medical

All you people are talking tosh... I am fed up with all the negative crap about smiths, get out of your beds and try to win some business. its not the managers fault or the products, the blame lays fully at the door of inadequate people like you lot.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just had 2 recruiters contact me this week about position in Michigan... Interesting. Good opportunity or is there a reason this territory keeps being open? much appreciated!