Is Maquet an elite company?

Discussion in 'Maquet Medical Systems' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Elite? Hardly, the reputation of this company is not good. FDA is coming after them hard right now....more 483's on their way!! Very slimey sales force.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maquet is a very good company. They have solid products, but are older, more expensive. Call a maquet rep to get the real deal

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maquet CV products are excellent, a little old but still good. Maquet owns this space and has for some time

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MAQUET is one of the most messed up companies on earth! You have the Datascope people who think there crap does not stink! Bernardo, Terranova, Ciley what a bunch of incompetents! They put out Cardiosave two years before it was ready and it is a disaster! The CS100 and CS300 is junk.

The FDA has not taken action even though there have been recalls after recalls. The manage by profit and thats it! I wonder when is someone going to send a case of documents to the media and FDA.

The patients are at risk and no one cares!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maquet is an ok company, decent products, that are old and expensive.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think Maquet is an elite company still, that is why BSI is looking to purchase them. They can strengthen there position in the OR and cath lab, plus they get great leaders in the merger. The question is can Boston even afford an elite company like Maquet

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I doubt Boston can afford to buy Maquet.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. Maquet is a great company. The fact that you said the CS100 and CS300 are junk show you are just a frustrated Arrow rep who is tired of getting your ass handed to you with your technology that hasn't changed since 2003. I've been meaning to ask - how do those conversations go when your customers ask how the new pumps have improved since the ones they bought from you 12 years ago? Oh right - you don't have any customers, because they have all switched to Maquet.

Seriously though, for those who are really interested in positions at Maquet - I can tell you I couldn't be happier. Fantastic middle management (an extreme rarity), but even more importantly the heads of the sales and marketing teams are top notch- which trickles down. For what it's worth, I've worked in 5 different organizations of various sizes in medical devices, and non have been as impressive. The training program was world class, and I am very impressed with my colleagues. They seem to hire top shelf reps and clinicians.

Just my 2 cents.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pikko cordiac outpurt

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MAQUET buys the leftovers that other companies don't want including former BSC and Guidant holdings. The Datascope guys have tried to destroy the company as revenge for being bought out. Elite company????? Ask the Yale Psychology Professor, Department chair, and NYT best selling author how she feels about MAQUET! Ask the FDA and the consent Decree they just signed. BSC would be insane to buy this company.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you call an elite company one with decent products and decent people in the field, ineffective and spineless middle managers, narcassistic and greedy upper management then yes, it is elite in it's warped imagination. Not a good environment. Horrible culture of indtimidation and unrealistic expectations. Hard working and energetic people are not valued.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep....this is pretty much spot on. Definitely NOT a culture of open communication. Senior management doesn't want to hear what's really going on in the market....they just want to hear that everything's great.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol how's that clip doing? Did anyone in org get fired for this decision??? Why were leaders last to understand this market? Terumo must have had a good laugh. Ever heard of AtriCure?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The "clip". It's been over a year since we last heard about it. Probably shelved(?). We heard rumor that the previous Pres. Of the CS unit (who is no longer with the company) and who made that acquisition, did not buy the IP for the clip. So....(fill in your thoughts here).

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ciley is no longer with the company as of last year 2015. There was a huge "reorganization" and he and a number of other exes. got it.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn't call Maquet and elite company after they ran the c-qur mesh into the ground. They are finally getting hit with a hernia mesh lawsuit

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you talking about the MAQUET that is under consent decree? The MAQUET that has the FDA in the Wayne facility until Aug 30th? The MAQUET that has had a warning letter since 2010? Wow yes this is an elite company. Is this the MAQUET that has paid millions of dollars in fines to FDA? The MAQUET that fired all its top management that was telling them what the problems were? The MAQUET who had global recalls for CardioSave and the CS 100 and CS300 because they were to cheap to use a metal o ring and used a plastic o ring to retain the fan bearings? Oh yes this is a frustrated arrow rep!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maquet is an elite company for 2 reasons, cutting edges products and a great sales training team. Hard to deny that Maquet is a leader in every area and that management is really focused on rewarding the sales organizations. When you see an open position, you really should apply because Maquet likes top industry talent and that is why they pay the sales team so much. Don't believe all of the negative posts. They are only coming from ex employees who never earned success.