Medtronic to put UPI out of business with Advanced Uro-Solutions?

Discussion in 'Uroplasty' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2015 at 3:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please tell us how will Cogentix compete if MDT drops the price per treatment by $25 or $30? Will we still be selling the lead set for $65?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And don't forget selling the stimulator, because it adds value!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be another one of those brainless fuc#%$*.

Yes, more competition raises awareness, but when competing products are more or less equivalent competing in the same space, your price has to be more or less equivalent, if you are to get your share of the market. Urgentpc is a tired old product, and that is already a strike against it. Now couple that with lower price per treatment from medtronic, and what do you think is going to happen to cogentix? Do you fail to see a simple logic? How do you think cogentix will compete under such a scenario?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you that you have lost brain cells, actually a whole lot more cells than you realize, which has impaired your ability to think thru on the whacking cogentix will get from medtronics uro

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enough about Dave or Chris's brain cells or lack there of. I want real answers as to how this company is going to react when MDT comes in at less than $45 per treatment. Gives away the stim and guarantees no financial loss from lack of reimbursement. What is going to happen when the walls come tumbling down!!!!! Give me a reason to stay, because as of now I'm not seeing it. I see this company out of business in 12 months. Before all you Kool-Aid drinkers tell me to move on so you can get someone who wants to be here, I want to be here, just see no future in being here.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I talked with one of medtronic’s manager, whom I know from our mutual employment with another company two jobs back. He seemed to be aware of some details about how they will market the Nuro. For whatever it is worth, here is what he told me

Medtronic will initially target mid to large size accounts, with the intent to drive more patients to the interstim. He impressed me with the homework he had done because he mentioned the names of several customers, and they happen to be big ptns users in my territory. Apparently they seem to be aware of who the big ptns users are, but then there are not too many secrets in this industry. They will initially not bother with customers who are not currently users of ptns

They will give away for free the NURO device, and if the customer has an urgent pc device(s) they will trade it with the Nuro device(s) for free

If the customer has any urgentpc lead sets in inventory, they will trade those lead sets for an equivalent number of NURO treatments for free, provided the customer also trades in all urgentpc devices he has. I guess this is to make sure that the customer does not go back to urgentpc

This will give them instant entry with the customer by avoiding the customer’s concern of what to do with all the investment they made in urgentpc

This manager did not say much about how they will price their treatments, but he did say that it will be very aggressively priced. And on top of that they will offer quantity discounts. That makes sense given that they are targeting large users. It is unclear what that means in terms of pricing, but I suspect it could very well be below our $65 lead set

He did not mention anything about when they will start marketing the NURO, expect to say that it will be fairly soon

Anybody else hear anything about how MDTs marketing plans for the nuro are shaping up? It would be interesting to compare notes

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have been telling us now for several months to leave. You seem very bitter. Just curious as to why you are not following your own advice?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that the poster seems a bit bitter, but can you blame them. You also assume that the same poster has been doing all the negative posts. I am looking for a new position and I'm sure many others are, it is not that easy to find something right.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Physician locator gives MDT a full list of your clients.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it does, but if you build walls around your business and conduct reviews everything will be alright. Our accounts will continue to buy stimulators and leads at $65 even though we are showing them they will make more money by switching to Medtronic. Ride the wave now with no competition, because things will implode when MDT arrives.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rah rah rah, sis boom bah! Now please stand and sing your college fight song.