Brad M and Ray F

Discussion in 'Orthofix' started by Anonymous, Nov 11, 2014 at 3:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now that they have converted most of us to distributors how does the company bring us back direct w/o creating total upheaval. If they screwed up moving to a distributor model can you imagine if they tried to go back. I don't see it happening, it would be admitting you screwed up major league. Plus, it would create further disaster.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the government forces them to. With this model, they are fee splitting.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm. What's that? 1099 reps galore in device sales.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor management? That would suggest that there is management who is working. The managers that my distributor works with primarily forward emails or calls on to the next person in line who might have an answer. Heard Arthrex is looking for an ex-fix line?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to inform you. Receiving, processing and forwarding communications is a big job of managers with all organizations.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just back from fantastic kickoff meeting, many thanks to the management team at Orthofix for easy meeting logistics and dynamic schedule. First class organization made up of individuals loaded with positive attitudes and can do mentality. This company is on the right track and it shows with the changes that have been made. If you can sell you will succeed here and management is very much in touch with the feet on the street. Love it!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL!! I know sarcasm when i see it. What an utter waste of time. Many resumes floating around this week.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMFAO

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. I am serious. Loved the enthusiasm!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're too much. What an epic waste of time and money. But hey Kevin Nealon was funny and very engaged, not. During his stand-up he said it himself that it couldn't get over fast enough.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What distributor rep wants to dedicate time and energy on bone Stims? Not when you have other things in the bag to sell that don't require hassle.

Agree. If they want to increase long bone stim sales--need a direct model to manage efficiently.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Distributor Reps would rather spend energy selling compounds, injection kits, DNA/ Tox testing over Bone stims that require headache CMN's bouncing back and forth.Distributor model is fine for Spine, Biologics and metals but not long bone stims. Reps need to be direct for focus. Salary plus some commission and benefits. Sales would increase three fold.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leadership made up of biggest bunch of phonies in the business. At least nepotism is alive and well in the Ray F household. Can't believe how hammered a few of these guys appeared to be at the post banquet hoedown. Yee haw!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its a cluster truck. Combination of Distributors, distributors under Principal distributors, direct reps, reps under direct reps. Just make it all direct for stims.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ray F is a good person, a motivator and a sales guy through and through. Ray doesn't drink, can't speak for the other guys. Ray is a solid guy to the bone.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey! I'll give you 5% if you help me sell some stims!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As far as distribution goes, having a solid implant line is a game changer for your stim business. Assuming you have hardware business, the face time in the OR is much more beneficial when compared to meeting in the clinic. They don't want to be in clinic and have very little time to meet w/ reps. OR time lets you meet other influencers (PA, NPs, other surgeons) and discuss all kinds of topics. You can further your personal relationships with the decision makers.

Is it ideal? Not at all, especially considering the potential % that direct reps can earn. My highest % is much lower. It's offset by other products but some bill even less that stims while often consuming more of my time. The best part is being somewhat insulated from corporate. My area has been crushed by investigational decisions. A new RSM that didn't understand the market conditions could be befuddled by the coverage issues. I wouldn't want to have to constantly explain it.

In regards to the person expressing the enthusiasm over the NSM, you have to understand many of us are jaded at best. It's great to show enthusiasm in your career and any initiatives. Many of the LMAO-type posts are from people who have been to a few too many of those meetings, have gone through constant change, etc. Make the best of your opportunity and be loyal to your career goals (even if not specifically w/ Orthofix).

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And this is why Orthofix is in turmoil. Especially Bone Stimulation. Most distributor reps aren't even selling bone stims. They are focused on other products.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The entire problem with the current situation is that you have no one who can run any of the business units. None of these guys have ever had success in doing it on their own. These ex-Breg guys have no clue as to how to grow business other than cutting deals with crooked distributors. The Spine business is not being run by anyone. The sim business is a joke with the guy who was always a "runner-up" competitor to us now doing the same thing here. And honestly...who gives a crap about the other businesses.
    No real management with a strategy = no successful results.
    How I miss the old days!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A shot gun approach may work when hunting quail, but if you want to hunt BIG GAME, a ready, aim, fire approach has always brought home the big BUCK.