Who let's us keep our jobs? Allergen or Abbvie

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which company do you think would be more likely to keep most of shire sales force? Do both of these companies have reps sitting around waiting for something to sell?

Or do you think both companies will clean house and send shire reps packing? I spent Friday putting my resume together just in case.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huge shakeup either way. Abbvie is coming back with a 4th offer. They want to get this deal done bad. Not good for shire reps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allergan sales for is not sitting around. The neuro reps will be combined. Psy/primary/ped will stay in tact at shire. The aesthetic reps will be kept at agn. Eyecare for shire will be dropped into Allergan perfectly.

Most cuts could be redundant office space but their are huge upsides with minimal cultural disruption.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flemming should be brave ignore the potential for short term gain and stick to the long term plan which has much greater upside. Otherwise we are working are butts off only to be pawns
    in the game for greedy corps who make billions off the american working man then take
    the money overseas to avoid paying taxes at a time when our nation needs them the most. Abbvie makes me sick

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not up to Flemming.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is.

Its up him to convince the board that staying the path will produce a higher return to investors than abbvie's offer of stock and cash.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do understand that we currently take our money overseas to avoid paying taxes?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um, no you don't Shire has had corporate HQ based in Dublin for some time. Shire hasn't had to pay full US tax rate since the corporate base has always been in Europe. Acquiring companies are placing value on your rare disease portfolio and address in Dublin.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's just a matter of time. one of these companies will buy us

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh shit I left Abbvie because I was going to get investigated Jose Fernando Gomez

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heaven help you if it ends up Abbvie. As someone who has worked for Shire and indirectly for Abbott/Abbvie let me tell you that you would HATE yes HATE working for Abbvie. Boy would you hate it. You better start praying. Abbvie is a dead end company anyway.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Abbvie. It's a much more nimble company, than when we were part of Abbott Labs. I've never worked for Allergen, so I don't have a comparator. I've been in the industry for 20 years, with three different companies. Abbvie takes care of their people.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AGN runs lean sales forces except in Eyecare which still is much leaner that most pharma companies. Shire's Eyecare sales force most likely would be absorbed into AGN's with minimal cuts and the rest will most likely have little change except for the name.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbvie (abbott) has a history of keeping the employees of the companies they buy...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eeeesssh abbvie we don't give a F*** about your tax rate! Go acquire someone else, the problem with this bid - it's all about THEM! "Our tax rate" "we will go hostile and engage stakeholders" man this is crazy
    AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) said its $46.5 billion bid for Shire Plc (SHP) offers “compelling” value for Shire shareholders and that it won’t rule out going hostile in its drive to acquire the drugmaker.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-25/abbvie-says-bid-offers-compelling-value-for-shire-holders.html

Go away Ana, okay byeeee

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We've heard a lot of rumors in the past...but this sure does feel real.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire has a better CEO and long term upside than Abbvie.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AbbVie is a great company to work for!! Much better than Abbott. YOU will all enjoy working for AbbVie as well!! :)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And why are you so confident that we will be working for AbbVie? It's not over yet!