To all NBU Sales Reps

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do what you want either way someone is going to be on a call or at a meeting heaping the BS on our leaders. I wouldn't waste my time. They will jump ship again soon.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats what happened at the Chicago POA to KK and boy was she pissed. Moving forward and especially at the national meeting, everyone should just sit there with their arms folded. Give it up though for the brand and when they recognize the travel guy Rob. Trust me it will be noticed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure wish I was at that meeting. In New Orleans a bunch of clapping monkeys. It wasn't until we were dehydrated and completely annoyed with the amount of time wasted on the childish validations that you started to get some crickets. Even the biggest brown nosers were only giving a soft golf clap by the end.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great and then she will shit can one of the best employees we ever had!! Please don't let "THE ICEMAN" upstage kk. He is all we have left at corporate that knows what he is doing. Crap I bet a zillion he could do kk's job a zillion times better!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My 5 year old could do KK's job a zillion times better. This year in kindergarden she has learned the importance of turning in her work on time. With just that one skill she is ahead of KK.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really is sad to see all this negativity posted on here and to then realize it's all pretty much true. I've seen a huge decline in motivation and enthusiasm just within my team alone. And it has nothing to do with the failed merger with Abbvie. If anything, there was a hope that with the Abbvie transition things could change for the better. However, now people seem to be less motivated and things seems to be more disorganized than I've ever seen at any company I've been at. People need to feel at least some trust in their leadership and the late calls, disorganized POA's, bonus reports etc... (I could go on and on) are making then people who helped to grow this company to what it is now feel extremely undervalued. Thank you KK and PS for demoralizing an entire sales force in under six months. We all see though the phoniness and hype on your calls with the "field force." We have serious questions in your capabilities to lead us through anything and no trust in your leadership or the fact that you have one iota of concern for those who built this brand to what it is now.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I may be alone with my thinking but I truly feel that when PS first came to Shire...he energized us. He talked about making us a "sales" organization again and not about this MBO and other objections. He talked about work life balance and his family. He attended town halls, took real questions and actually showed personality. He wanted to fix the targets, territories, bonus structure and other things that old Shire use to have and we have lost along the way due to a over forced compliance department. We needed that and for many it was refreshing.

The problem I think came with the hiring of KK. Its not really about her, I think its more that she is replacing a very personable (like her or not) and animated sales leader. PS said he wanted a sales leader that was "close" to the sales force. I think he is mistaking "connected" with the word "close". CES may have had her faults, but connecting with the sales force wasn't one of them, in my opinon. She had a personality and generally did what she said she was going to do. She took tough, unscripted questions and while she was cheesy at times, I truly felt that she was a real person of her word. KK came in and she is like a robot waiting for her next command. She has no personality and sees people as a number. Every time she speaks...it feels scripted and not geniune. I don't know if its a lack of experience, lack of skill or just her personality. But whatever it is...it feels phony and it comes accross as staged. "I have met with 100 people"..." I had the opportunity to meet 50 customers" " I rode with 3 reps this past week"...this is not how everyday conversations go and it all feels like she has a checklist of things she wants to "accomplish" and she is checking off each thing. I feel like I am in a interview and someone is listing off their bullet points.

That all being said, there are some things at Shire that need or needed to be changed and I think these leaders may accomplish that. If I could speak to them candidly without the fear of getting fired, I would just say...never forget that a leader is only as strong as those that choose to follow them. The world "CHOOSE" should not be ignored. You can only force those to follow for so long. Motivation is a funny thing. I am motivated everyday. The question is, am I motivated to work with you or against you? Try actually "connecting" instead of just being "close" to the sales force and you may be surprised just how great we can really be as an organization.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very good post. But one thing is the underlying problem and that is trust. KK has no trust in people because she's too controlling and in turn we the reps have no trust in her. Things will never be fine without trust.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last two posters are dead on.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say that we NOT clap when KK gets announced at the next company meeting. Tell your team! That would really send a message to FO.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say we go one step further and boo. I can't trust this leadership to get any message unless it's loud and clear. I have never had a leader so "close" that they can't hear one damn word being said.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you serious??? First of all, it has EVERYTHING to do with the current sales leader, regardless of who she replaced.

And you must be talking about a completely different CES. Certainly doesn't match the CES who had ZERO skills required for the job title, was clueless about the disease state, only cared about a single agenda and made so secret about it, and had the nerve to act like a witch up on stage.

Just because this leader sucks doesn't mean that the predecessor should be remembered in a more positive manner than what actually was experienced.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^ so true!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with everything you said except CES was horrible. She needed to go. However, KK is much much worse. If I had to choose between the two I would choose CES. At least she was somewhat qualified.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And KK and PS understand disease state? PS cant even pronounce the product name and KK thinks she is teaching a kindergarten class.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did I claim that??? You should read more carefully.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are all on another planet. KK and PS are FO lackeys- they have followed him around and the chances of change are nil. If you like it great if not, too bad !

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. The sales force IS the organization. We have more power than you think. Watch