INTERVIEWS

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Oct 26, 2014 at 5:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow do we actually have an HR person in charge of Café P post now! Please research KK and PS before jumping aboard. They are so confident in their hires they bring reps in at a Senior Exec level!! Hey KK you had Senior Exec reps that built this company that you ran out the door. I bet if you hire people at the Senior Exec level they will love their heated seats in their company car and will probably nod and agree with all your bullshit!! YOU ARE A WEAK LEADER WHO LACKS SELF-ESTEEM. Quit and give the Shire a chance to survive with our one product.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of her friends. Conflict of interest for sure. Anyone who overlaps with one of KK friends should be worried.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe all this hiring for 6-9 mos, then 1 stays. I see for each two territories, one new overlap, due to the new indication... It makes no sense to think there is any validity to this and all this hiring/moving people around/alignment changes will be for a 6-9 month timeframe. My guess is 2 yrs, see what the data looks like, changes after that if $$$ is not rolling in.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are no alignment changes or moving people around. They are simply addiing an additional rep to cover 2 reps in a existing territory. You will be calling on the same targets as the other reps with the same product, which has been out for over 7 years. It is not a new product. They did the exact same thing last year, expanded and hired new reps to call on Adult physicans. A year later the position is being eliminated. And a similar thing with Patient Advocacy reps which was also eliminated. It may not make sense but this is the way Shire works. I give this overlap thing a year at best, but OP could be right on with that 6-9 month timeframe.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new indication would make sense to call on additional targets, Psych's are not treating that. There is a method to this madness, they would not do the same exact thing twice.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you read? OP told you they have done it more than TWICE already. Follow along with me...

1)in 2011 Shire realigned to smaller/hi-frequency territories. With each rep having 70 targets or so. They expanded to do this.....

2) in 2012, they LAID off over 100 reps to realign to new bigger territories...

3)in 2011 they added Patient Advocacy reps (an experiement calling on the community) a little over a year later they ELIMINATED this role.

4)In 2013 they created the Adult Specialty rep (an experiment calling on Primary care, Family practice) one year later these roles are ELIMINATED

Reps do not only call on Psych. We also have primary care, urgent care, family practice, Peds, etc on our target lists. In addition, we are paid on total dirt and have the freedom to call on any targets in our universe for our APPROVED indications. That would include the new indications. This is NOT a new product and binge eating is a very small market. I hate to rain on your "grass is greener" mentality but the facts are the facts. This overlap is also an experiment and as history will show you it too be eliminated in a year.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just do as KK says, and I believe in her. She has yrs of experience

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really should ask more questions in your interview. It was already announced on a conference call that *both* the overlap rep and the core rep will be selling Vyvanse for *both* indications. If you are looking for a method to the madness you are interviewing for the wrong company. Unless you are unemployed or are about to be, I would not jump ship. This will be a temp position at best.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Watch out, the sky is falling above your head

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right, they won't do the same thing twice. That would make them insane. I hope you get the job and when you do on the first day print this post and put it in a envelope marked "Do not read until Dec 2015"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lmao!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post in weeks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually stay where you are. You are an idiot. Psych's do treat eating disorders.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot the great Dave B Hybrid position that lasted 6 months in 2013.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lmao. This is so true.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually calling on psychologists had impact to the overall business. The data in those territories showed this. Unfortunately our new leadership is too closed minded and old school to realize this so they 'undid' it. That same new strategic thinking is now giving us overlay reps when we don't need them. Add this expansion to the list of things that will change in 2015.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's because these new leaders come from big pharma. They don't know this market and have zero experience selling a class 2 product in this new restricted narcotic and managed care driven space. High frequency-more reps works best in a signature only/sample driven market space.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our "leaders" were brought in to cut costs -so the game plan is make numbers, delay payouts, hire more junior people. Near as I can tell KK, PS, FO, etc have never been part of a growth situation- but for those of us here, at least samo-samo doesn't twke away from my leisure time!