Oncology Layoffs

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long before the next round? Access is virtually non existent. How much longer can this gig last?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM here. You are an idiot. Don't extrapolate the lameness you bring to the field every day to to the whole OBU.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you are a delusional drinker of the kool aid if you don't think this is going to happen again for the 5th time since 2006.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does happen regularly so it is hard not to think another is right around the corner. It's just a fact of life.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With Xalkori failing so miserably, how can we not have a layoff especially on the lung side. The renal side is just treading water. Just a matter of time until that one sinks too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK Chicken Little run along, we hear you, yeah yeah yeah the sky is falling. What a nube.

Did you happen to read/hear anything about one of our pipeline drugs presented at the AACR this past weekend?

For your reference: nube:
    Someone so pittiful and idiotic the they have not even the megar skills to be titled a noob, they are now a nube, derived from the word nub, dervied from stub. Yes they are nothing more than what remains of a dismembered penis.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't tell the DM you have no access! Then he will not have a job and his RM will not have a job, and of course you will not have a job. They don't want to hear it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just keep seeing case managers and nurses and tell your manager what you "hear" in the field. If they want to pay Millions of dollars for sales force let them! Oncology has not had access for years.. yeah I know you get rare appointment every few months and you invite your DSM to join you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps are not needed in Oncology, even less than in primary care.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad but true.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And what will you answer yourself?

Reps are greatly needed, just not necessarily 2 times per month with the same message.

Not all doctors are up to date on everything. Any rep that is in the field knows some doctors that are not where others are and need help whether they want it or not for the sake of patient care.

Because that can be life and death to patients, reps are most needed in oncology unlike primary care.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just moved from primary care to oncology. I've been very pleased with the level of interest and information exchange with the hem/oncs. I'm talking about the doctors, not just ma's, rn's etc.

Access can be more of a challenge, but the actually interest and value we provide are 10x higher.

Primary Care is signature driven. Oncology is value/patient driven.

Both have a role if you believe in any way that reps make a difference.

I've seen a couple of lives extended based on conversations I've had with docs.

If you don't think we (you) provide value, then leave. I know that many days I'm useless, though occasionally I can make a big difference.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typos in previous post will almost surely render the point as secondary. Either way, you are only worth as much as people are willing to pay you. If you feel you're overpaid, shut the fuck up and be grateful !
    If you feel you're underpaid, create more visible value as to correct your underpayment.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things are not looking good over here in oncology. There is zero access and now that Palbociclib is not going to be coming to the market any time soon I think it is officially time to panic.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your access is poor, figure out a way to improve it. Telling everyone you can't see customers probably means you're of little value. I know some accounts are virtually closed, but I see way too many reps say doctors are "no-see" because they're hard to see.

This is not just an oncology issue. It's a "this is too hard" issue. Access is not given, it's earned.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot On! I could not agree more. It is hard to be in a new territory these days. It takes 5 times longer to build trust and deliver value compared to the glory days. When done right this job is hard but you CAN make a difference by helping people with cancer fight this terrible disease.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, I believe you are right.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We get paid to get in the door. We get paid well to do it. Don't complain that it isn't easy to do, figure out a way to do it.

On the flip side, we need tools. Many of the rules which were supposed to clean up the industry or the company also close the doors. It's easy to be compliant if nobody sells anything. Just saying...

We need a better strategy. Before we slam doors shut in our own faces, take time to analyze the impact and determine what else can work just as well as some of stuff that's not allowed.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ ONC rep here. Yes, access is a nightmare, so we all get around by simply lying about calls as much as we can. It's just the way it is. This is going to be a bloodbath on an amazing scale. Oh well, that's how it is in the pharma biz. It will only get worse.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's too early for you to be here. Mind your business.