Is it true? All on Abbott contract are being cut

Discussion in 'Novaquest' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this true?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesnt look promising, if not this month, then sometime in the near future.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pack your tihs..........It is coming this month. No way the will keep us over tenured reps. Doesnt make since, but then again, what does in this business?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought the same and had resigned to the fact that I was done but after talking to my NQ manager I'm not so sure. I can't say I'm hopeful but he shed some light on the contract stipulations. Abbott must give NQ 90 days notice before ending the contract or face massive fines. At this point we are just about 90 days from the "end of the contract". It makes zero sense for them to pull us out of the field when we are already paid up for 90 days. Basically, if they ended it tomorrow they would pay more than I costs to keep us in the field he next 3 months. They could however, lay off many of us and then let he remaining go in April. It's Anybody's guess but from a business standpoint it doesn't look lke it's over. His best guess was that if there is a layoff in the next few weeks then some NQ will be affected as will some Abbott and Solvay then April will be the end. He also said when it is over it's typically not abrupt and we will be notified and given time to sample out. Unless Abbott pays the fine to end it quickly.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the LV meeting in February? It doesn't make sense to make us attend the meeting only to let us go within a couple of weeks after we return as the contract ends 3/31. Any thoughts on that?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked him home same question and he said that with the 400 or so reps that are left it would still be worth the cost of traveling to the meeting for the share of voice in the field considering the immense financial penalty for ending he contract early. But according to his thought many of us will be gone if there is another layoff between now and then so it wouldn't cost them much at all. Again this was all speculation and best guessing but it makes sense. The true question of layoff or no layoff still remains and he seemed genuine when he said he didn't know whether it would happen or not.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs are coming. That has been spoken by DD RM from KC. Just When and Who. Scoop is this, contract was ended in November. Some were rolled in. Abbott does not have to tell anyone below the top managment that the contract is over. Why do they do this? Simple, We have been working in the 90 day time fram since November under the assumption as business as usual. So next week, or the week after this thing ends and it will be abrupt. There is no sampling out time, etc. Why? What motivation would anyone have to do so, also the possibility of bad mouthing Abbott to customers, other reps, etc is there. This will be a conf call, etc. We have made the decision...to.....end the contract. Wont even use lay offs in the wording. ie: After consideration and careful evaluation of needed resources ie: reps, We have made the difficult decision to not renew the contract. Those on the contract will be paid out...XXX amount etc..This is coming

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speculation or real info?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you make of Kirk Harmon's promotion announced today? Seems to point to continuation of Abbott contract, at least at some level.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I mean WTH is going on around here. This is so retarded!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am on abbott Renal contract, and it ends/renews on Monday, 31st. We have had conference calls w/Kirk about the fact that Abbott has not told them anything! He said this is not typical, and has never before happened w/Abbott. Some of us could be rolled in, but it would have to happen this week, as Monday is our last day. We have a call tomorrow w/NQ to discuss the close out procedure. There are only about 20 of us on this contract...but don't expect any warning -it will be abrupt!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tomorrow

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried to tell you that a layoff was coming and you were not going to be getting any notice. Yes, you get paind through March 31st but that's not 90 days. What kills me is those idiots that thought that just because they received confirmation on the Vegas trip that they were safe. You were never safe until you were on the plane. Good Luck and happy hunting!