LaBorde blames employees for the low revenues in 4th Quarter. Amazing

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does that mean"@

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It means that the company reported big losses in the 4th Quarter of 2013, and they blame employees' healthcare cost rise for it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the call as well today and I have no doubt that an increase in employee insurance costs and lower medicare reimbursement rates did contribute to the overall 2013 financial picture, BUT, as usual these types of explanations/excuses are used over and over to mask the larger picture.....the majority of Amedisys management in the field is not trustworthy, and are not capable of building trust in their regions, which leads to employee complacency and poor performance.

SVP, VP and AVP's are storming into regions, demanding clinical and BD performance improvement, without demonstrating that they are capable of performance improving themselves. I'm tired of hearing that an AVP inherited "a real mess", and that "I've got so much work to do here to turn things around"
    >>>>Hey, you interviewed for the position, and certainly the state of the region was discussed during your interview? And I bet you came up with all sorts of ways that you could assist with turning the region around, just to land the position, the title and the bigger paycheck? What happened with all of your great ideas and plans? Oh that's right, you can't get a VP to return your call or an SVP to understand why you need another clinician to cover a rural region<<<<

What happened to the frequently heard Amedisys cry of "Accountability"? The large losses that are produced in any region, quarter over quarter, year after year, are the result of under performing AVP's, VP's and SVP's, and it is way past time that Amedisys looks at making appropriate changes sooner rather than later. Perhaps starting with removing the many layers of management that inhibit the real issues - patient issues - from being addressed timely.

Let's not continue to strike at the branches and the local employees who request and expect to be trained in their positions. How about we try something new, and hold the manager's manager responsible for poor hiring, poor training, miscommunication and poor performance?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo!
    I was a DOO in one of the hospice centers in NE, was fired by new SVP, that just came in. She never took her time to assess the situation, nor to understand what issues I had to deal with. Just dismissed me. Well, when I was a DOO, our census were close to 80, now they are at 54. This person has no degrees, nor she understands the area that she is managing. Her latest decisions in hiring are wrong, because I know the people she promoted. But, as you said above, who is holding her responsible for poor hiring and training? Nobody. She just gets her money. Sad.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing happened at a care center in the Chicago area. I worked at a care center with a great position,increased census and drove growth to the highest ever. New AVP of Operations brought her uneducated , unsophisticated sidekick and ruined it all. Put her in management and year later, the place is falling apart. I went to corporate as well others and nothing was ever done. Great product, bad leadership and management.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our DOO (masters prepared nurse) had her position 'eliminated' and we are now being managed by this uneducated person you speak of. There's nothing we clinicians love more than being 'managed' by a non-degreed, non-clinician who's been with the company less than 2 yrs. No one has any respect for her and she doesn't have a clue about our care center or us. Our DOO was the ONLY thing we had going for us and now she's gone and they act like she was never even there. MASS exodus coming.....let's see what's left to manage when it's all said and done.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you in Chicago as well?
    I am sure your previous DOO misses all of her staff. She still has all of you in her heart.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in light of what is going on...

With all the dialogue and chatter in CP, this is really nice to read. I work for Amedisys and I understand all too well this thread. I don't work in Illinois, I work in the south and found this last comment very sweet. Good luck to u and ur clinicians.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well.. I am that DOO that was fired from one of the NE hospice locations. I truly miss my staff, hence my wishes to a previous poster. :)