Pfizer Going to 100% Car Allowance by 2012

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Out of the goodness of my heart (must be the Xmas season!) I'm going to weigh in here and pronounce this a tie. Tall guy--your post and replies were excellent, but a last-minute compelling entry by Mr. Detroit was well-reasoned and hard-hitting ("You can call it what you want, I'll call it what it is"--rhetorically powerful! I'd actually want to work in the field w/you for a day to pick up some of your verbiage. I'm guessing your HCPs actually listen to what you have to say because of how you phrase it).

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you sound like a passive aggressive asshole, touche. And I can guarantee that guy didn't give a rats a** about you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you guys all have way too much time on your hands...I say you go out and buy me some Christmas presents with all that time

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Just because you push pills for Pfizer doesn't mean you're better than anyone else. Get that straight." This phrase puts Mr. Detroit ahead of Tall Guy.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, that is true. Up for a new car and was told the car allowance is the only option we have.....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish my dad worked for detroit. My dad is former sec. of state Madelain Albright. I love that man. The way he took me fishing, threw the pig skin, hid the pickle. We used to have a game we played. We'd see who could pee the farthest, or write our names in the snow. Oh we had good times.
    Damn that Bill Clinton for taking that away from me.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi former PFE employee here. Why so many restrictions on the car and mileage do you think? If they don't want to give co. cars then they should have no say in what car you drive! Also are they giving miles? $350/ month is great for the payment but add insurance and maintenance and it's the rep who gets screwed. I miss a lot about Pfizer but it is always interesting to see what they are trying to force upon their reps and this is no different than all the other stuff I have seen over the years I was there. Good luck and hopefully the car stuff will work out for you guys...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of my friends who work in the big devices companies are on a car allowance. PFE will prob outsource to a firm which handles the calculation. Most include a fixed reimbursement of about $400 for Car, insurance, etc, and a variable reimbursement based on mileage for gas and wear and tear depending on how much you drive. $400-500. So prob $800 a month for a avg urban territory. Though it is considered taxable income. They are fine with it. Prefer driving a sensible luxury car over a minivan or taurus. You should all be fine. Comes down to cost cutting unfortunately.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally reasonable and true. It's nice having a company car but lets be honest, most of us make +100K so to have to get your own car and get somewhere around $800/month reimbursed isn't the worst deal especially when you figure in the comfort factor of being able to get something you like or something that makes sense for your family. It may not be ideal for everyone, but it's not the end of the world....I for one am fine getting myself a nice car that I like and spending a couple bucks.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My beef is that the vehicle has to be less than 5 years old. There are a ton of vehicles let's say 8 years old that are WAY better than the company vehicle I am driving now. Why put so many restrictions on it? If it is clean, maintained and safe, who cares?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah! I have to agree with above post. My personal car is a 2006 and will be paid for in a few months. It looks and runs like it's brand spankin' new. Now it's too old? Are you serious? I have to say after interviewing quite a bit, this does seem to be the new trend many sales organizations are adopting. I just don't want another car payment if I'm able to maintain a solid vehicle. I really think that they should take mileage into consideration along with age and make it less than seven years, not five. Hell... Whatever I have to do to survive.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I won't buy anything but Hondas. Sure, there are plants here in the U.S. that make these little foreign gems, but Honda don't play that union game. It's the unions that have brought the sad American car company to their knees, with their salary and pension DEMANDS. With every Chrysler sticker price I know that 5 thou right off the top goes to unions. Forget aboud it!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it was a reasonable allowance I would prefer that.

To the above poster, in my opinion, Toyota builds a superior product to Honda. I do prefer Honda styling which is why I've owned several Accords, but wife has had several Camry's and we seem to have less problems with Toyota. I've had some weird shit happen with every Accord I've owned.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am just curious.... Are you happy now that you have left Pfizer? I was just wondering because I really don't see anyone around me at Pfizer that is happy.... Are you better off? Are you at a job making the same or more money? Are you unemployed?