need a 30-60-90 day sales plan.

Discussion in 'Tricks of the Trade' started by Anonymous, Nov 4, 2008 at 6:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone have a sample they are willing to share?
    thanks in advance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medzilla forums

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you cheat in college too?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to say something that, its obvious that you did.
    the guy or girl is just asking for a sample.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thankyou sooooooooo much that was exactly what i needed. Its nice to know that there is someone on this website that isnt some drunk fool and is cool, and helpfully intelligent. Thanks again.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is awesome information! Thank you for your help.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suffice to say that if you have to write a 30-60-90 day plan for a pharmaceutical sales job the hiring manager and that company both suck. The few times I’ve had hiring managers or recruiters tell me that I need to bring a “brag book”, or a “business plan”, I immediately told them that if this is the culture of their organization to have people do time wasting, circular file tasks, then it will not be a good fit for me. I’ll gladly bring you my list of references, W2’s, my incentive compensation statements, and my performance reviews and that is it.

Good luck with this one. Look I get it if you are out of work and you need a job, but if they want you to write a business plan for the most basic sales job in the world for an interview, I can only imagine the nightmare of useless admin and micromanaging you will be doing once hired.

8. that guy

that guy Guest

You are a complete idiot. Its not about the "brag book" or the "30/60/90" for that matter...its about differentiation. You don't think people have similar incentive compensation as you? Similar Compensation on their W2, or that they also have performance reviews that are positive? Just like earning an advanced degree doesn't make you necessarily "more intelligent", these request are not just busy work, and they also do not demonstrate the environment once hired. They are tools used to distinguish candidates creativity, ability to communicate/present information, and ultimately it gives them an idea of who is serious about earning the position an who is just going through the motions. your defensive passive aggressive remarks would lead me to believe that you lack creativity, likely have issues building relationships, and ultimately have a sense of entitlement about your ability to sale and are fearful of direct competition. It is an opportunity to further showcase your accomplishments and highlight your process for success, why decline to participate unless you just don't match up well with the competition? just a thought.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any respectable sales job will ask you to bring a brag book or do an action plan... it is also to show that you are serious about the company. I just got hired with Paychex doing Core Payrole Sales and i had to do a powerpoint presentation of my 30-60-90. if you think you are to good to do a business plan. Sales is not the gig for you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I found a simple template on www.306090medicalsales.com. I had a long conversation with them before I purchased ( it was only 29.00) and they helped me out with my resume for free!

Also, I agree with the person who in the last post said it is about setting yourself apart. Most companies do not require a sales plan but I am going to take good advice and bring one.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brag book is stupid. The person that is bringing one in is the same person that will be pulling the same crap at the company they are trying to get hired at. They are looking for their next job!!! Hire the person that has time in territory and can give you real references in the market you want to play in. Stop being brain dead and hire the real rep not the one who is gathering stuff so they can leave you.

Livin Life likes this.
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope I'm going against a candidate like you

13. J123

J123 Guest

Once you get beyond the phone banks and door-to-door shoe polish sales gigs and move on to worthwhile opportunities, you won't get asked for these types of time consuming fluff assignments. I've been in technology sales for almost 15 years and never had anyone ask for a brag book or similar. The truth is, there's no way to verify any of the stuff you write so it's meaningless. And a hiring manager that's looking to hire the right rep for a great gig doesn't want time wasters. He/she is looking for folks with relevant experience, industry knowledge and a personal network that will support early success.

Maybe you should consider seeking employment elsewhere; you'll probably be glad you did!

/Sales Rep for Global Fortune 20 manufacturer

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

smart post here.
    very true.
    its a company culture thing too. companies that want that information are usually going to micromanage its sales force and treat their employees like crap.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love this post.
    It is so true.

In the interview, the thing I am looking for is whether or not the person can articulate the sales process in a simple manner. Then, if they have relevant contacts. Even if they don't have relevant contacts, then I want someone who I can coach. Good attitude is very important.

As for pharmaceuticals, just don't do it. Wait for a better situation. Stay away from the POD culture as well. RUN from these PODS. It will kill you as you grow in your career. And you will have to deal with backstabbing fools. Not a good situation.

Find an opportunity where it is just you and your territory then a manager that you report to. Keep it simple. This is sales is the purest form. Everything else is just nonsense.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

had a hiring manager ask me to do a 30-60-90 day plan once he was a douchebag. complete dork. Real sales positions like technology sales don't ask assinied things like this.
    you will most likely be micromanaged by these idiots as well. A good mgr can weed through the idiots and flakes and find good candidates without having to go through 30-60-90 sales plans...................barf

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

appreciate your post.
    interviewing is getting so bad out there. companies are so disrespectful.

I have got to the point where I won't go on more than 2 interview for a job. More than 2 is not necessary. F That. And if you have to do more than 2 interviews, then it is most likely going to be a bad work situation.

as for the 30-60-90, it is a joke. Always was and always will be. Pharmaceuticals is a BARF industry right now anyway. So is medical device. Seriously, I think the best place to be selling in is telecommunications, and insurance.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, you are a real ass-hole. Why re-invent the wheel?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you email me the plan? I need to create a 6 month plan for a school project and would love a professionals take on it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're right. The pharma company that took me beyond 2 (with the same person) wasbad for me. I went through 5-7 interviews. When I got to the team, others had only done the 1 day interview blast with multiple managers-which,by the way, I made it through. Once the manager found out about 'me' I had to go through a few more interviews with him. He never responded back to me unless promted by someone on the team trying to pull me through.

I dont want to redirect the conversation. But, I will say, I had the most degrees on the team-only one from a science foundation, and I was of an underrepresented ethnic group in pharma. It took the VP of the area, prompted by the internal rep-from the same group to call him on it. He brought me in after 2-3 interviews with him alone. It would have been a bad 'case' to defend since there was proof that no one else was forced to re-interview after the initial multiple interview day-which was very stressful team based interviewing by multiple managers simultaneously. Most received offers instantly.

Not me.

It was the most horrible position I ever held in pharma. The manager was eventually terminated. Then the takeover brought in a whole nother level of stress and disruption to my life that is unrelated. In hindsight this is good advice from the PP!

I'm ok if there's levels of interviewing
    1-to screen you
    2-full
    3-with higher up for final decision

Not more than 2 with the same person. You may have a 'case' proving illegal hiring practicies if this ever happens to you. I hope it doesnt.