Abbott Diabetes Care

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs at Abbott Diabetes Care

During the June 2009 layoffs at ADC, many of those laid off where over 40 y.o. In fact, one was a Director of Clinicals and just came back from a medical leave. Another associate, also in clinicals, was on medical leave. Despite this, both were laid off. How insensitive of Abbott. The recent layoff was last January 2010 and there seemed to be a Navigator connection. How many more quarters of red ink would Abbott Corporate tolerate until it cans the entiire Navigator franchise?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI: Miles is coming to Alameda this week (Feb 8th).

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is amazing how arrogrant some of the ADC field reps are. I mean you would think they worked for a company that had a strategy, a great product, and really had their act together. I read this and find they are just as screwed up as a lot of other companies. Abbott Diabetes may have management that is lousy, but the reps are putting on a good act out in the field.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He knows he needs to clean house. Fast.

Things going on in the other Divisions are leading to a lot of buzz, but the risk is just the same percentage of law suites and complaints they get when they use PIP's and internal investigations to push people out. It may be unethical, but it's not against the law to reduce heads by getting rid of the "bad apples", even if many of those "bad apples" did nothing more than make an innocent mistake or two.

What's going on at ADC, on the other hand, is headlines news. The stuff of major investigations. Its everything the Government and other Big Pharma haters have wet dreams about. Senior management with years of internal complaints against them, a smorgasbord of excesses to pick from: institutionalized drinking, business meetings that are more like frat parties, sexual harassment. Led by a senior management team that has been expelled from other Divisions within Abbott and flushed to ADC for dong these very things.

Abbott created a nice safe little enclave for them, where they can continue to do the same things, aided and abetted by a compliant, enabling ADC HR.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Less than 2% of the field sales posts here. Is that enough for your study? Study of 11 field sales reps leads to your strong conclusion? A screwed up person, is screwed up if they work for us or for you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't they make drugs for obsessive, delusional, paranoia?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA Audit at Abbott Diabetes Care

I heard that the week when Miles White came to ADC, the FDA had come also for an audit. Any information on why the FDA showed up?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, they really have not made a dent in marketshare anywhere in the country

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Poor Leadership at Abbott Diabetes Care

Don't think this devision of Abbott isn't being reviewed. it is.I wouldn't be surprised if they sold it, but to who?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is a sinking ship

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Field sales at ADC is not arrogant. Not sure who you talked to, but most are trying to find new jobs and leave.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Questionable Promotions at Abbott Diabetes Care

Pray tell how an R&D scientist at ADC was recently promoted to Director of Clinical Affairs, heading a large clinical organization, even though he has zero clinical experience. What is even more bizarre is that the person who had this position before, an African-American, was laid off last June after coming back from a medical leave. Also, another engineer was promoted to Regulatory Affairs Manager, straight from R&D, without any regulatory experience. The VP of Clinical and Regulatory Affairs must be NUTS! I'm not surprised though since he too was recycled to ADC from Vascular. Also, how did the Director of PQA get her promotion and how did another engineer, with no QA experience, become Director of Quality Systems? Both were promoited by the previous VP of Quality Compliance (or QUAC, as they fondly call themselves). (Perhaps they don't realize how sardonic that sounds.) No wonder senior (and experienced) people are abandoning ship. There's patent cronyism, which is not objectionable if competent "cronies" are promoted. This however is not the case.

Calling Mr. Miles White--- Please tend to this sick division. If you don't do it now, then the theory of Jim Collins will hold true: before death comes irrelevance and capitulation. Please fix ADC's broken culture and start at purging the leadership, beginning with R&D and Clinical/Regulatory.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Questionable Promotions at Abbott Diabetes Care

There is tons of mismanagement for sure, but the two examples cited are not it. Basically, they laid off an under-performing, malingering, affirmative-action hire and promoted two intelligent scientists to try to clean up the mess he left. Hopefully it is not too late for them to turn things around.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time to buckle that seat belt and pray.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA Observations at Abbott Diabetes Care

I heard that ADC had serious quality and regulatory deficiencies from their Feb/Mar 2010 FDA audit. Just goes to show that they have a crappy quality and regulatory leadership.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: FDA Observations at Abbott Diabetes Care

I guess that explains a lot. I am not an Abbott employee but unfortunately, a Freestyle Navigator customer. After having a working Navigator for 11 weeks, I have now been without one for 7 weeks and can’t get a straight answer as to what is going on and why I can’t get a replacement. Reading these posts doesn’t give me a warm & cozy feeling that Abbott is going to resolve the problem or be in existence much longer. Do you have any “anonymous’ advice what a customer that is being screwed by Abbott can do?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only growth in market share was when we closed the formulary at HealthNet and even that guy could not stand it here and left. The best people we ever had was when Darrell Fick was here and hired some real talent, but even dumping boatloads of money on them could not keep them here.

When are you going to realize that ADC is where they put all the Abbott Dregs that fuck up elsewhere in Abbott? When are you going to realize they need minority and female mgt and this is where they let them graze? You get what you deserve when you stay at ADC. LOL

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the worst place to get advice about a product. We do not know if you are a competitor or a disgruntled ex employee. I don't even believe that you are a customer.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Poor Leadership at Abbott Diabetes Care

You believe that Miles White is a competent leader???????? a leader who could straighten things out?????????????

Trust me Miles doesn't want to know about any problems be they compliance related or just due to incompetent management. If you make him aware of problems, then he has to cover them up. So dummy up you.

Wow I man really wow!!! Miles is a leader; I have never in 10 years heard anyone say anything remotely like that.

By the way, I have this bridge for sale...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, you caught me. Finally! I work for another pharma co, and have been posting a whole bunch of these posts to drive you guys nuts. If we had a product as good as yours, I wouldn't have to do this crap... but actually, it was sort of fun; you guys are a very touchy bunch that get all wound up over nothing!
    So long; over and out.