Accolade 1, taper problems

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CITATION!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the same garbage I've heard about taper junctions for the last 30+ years. Check the registries around the world and you'll notice that the Accolade has the lowest revision rate of tapered stems in the last 10 years. Stryker is not like Depuy leaving failing implants on the market. They pulled the ABG, Rejuvenate stems with less than a half % failure rate. They just don't want the liability.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really, can you show me where you have read this. The latest edition of the Australian registry has Accolade at 5 years ?? (3.9)
    There are many other stems performing better than Accolade at 5 years on this list.
    And, if Accolade I is performing that well, why the change to Accolade 2.
    Even Bill Hozack knows the facts. Why dont you call him ?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RESTORATION PS!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about a that fretting data on restoration modular? Same taper as accolade.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not same taper (size)...if you are a Stryker rep you would know, or maybe you have never sold restoration or accolade ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not heard this....
    Where is this info published?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BRING BACK THE...PCA HIP!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enlighten us genius. The trunion length is the same. The neck is a bit narrower, which has nothing to do w the issue at hand.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joint implant Surgery @ Research Foundation, 'Pseudotumour in metal on poly total hip arthroplasty', Clyburn, accolade taper failure TMZF case study

Read the case study. Radiograph and retrieval is not Accolade. The stem shown is a Citation despite the author's claim. Incredible case report.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SECURE-FIT!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, does not look like Accolade.

If you want Accolade, try "Pseudotumour Formation Due to Tribocorrosion at the Taper Interface of Large Diameter Metal on Polymer Modular Total Hip Replacements, Cook et al, JOA, Feb 2013

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also check out Freiberg in Orthopedics on taper failure of a ceramic/ceramic Accolade.

The FDA MAUDE database will also make for interesting reading, not only on Accolade but also on Meridian, Citation, Exeter, HipStar, and other V40 stems.

Restoration Mod patient population is a different story. Patients are older and lower demand.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Accolade TMZF

Had a hip implant in 2005. Parts used were Accolade TMZF #3, V40 Alumina Head, poly liner, acetabular cup. Dislocated in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013. Had hip revision in 2013. Surgeon found pseudotumor near implant, metal streaking on ball, liner extremely worn. He took a less evasive approach & replaced head & liner. Read that some Accolade TMZF were recalled, but not mine. Hmmm!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiots= Millions of implants with metal on metal taper over 20 +years regardless of taper size. A handful of pseudo tumors. You must be simple. There have been isolated reports like this over the years, isolated. I have a T/H and have zero concern. There is a greater chance of stem breakage than pseudo tumor. Greater chance of getting hit by a car. Why not stop driving? Should all of the companies Stop making Hips? How about improper alignment as a cause of concern. Should surgeons all be retrained and those who had one alignment issue be banned from performing surgery. Find a real topic girls.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen! finally a post worth reading

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree tying to establish a correlation for Rejuvenate V40 to Accolade 1 is pure hope from our competitors...give it rest. Never revised an Accolade or Accolade 2 for loosening in over 14 years.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or ALTR.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this post is in regards to post # 35s degrading remarks to people who are just trying to learn and understand why these big med. manufacturing comp. maimed them for life. my have had 3 hip op. continue to have pain ,revision surg. high levels of cobalt chromium. I would like to address a lot of peoples concerns about the accolade hip stem. it was posted on the medical & radiation emitting device recalls thru accessing the fda s website. one more comment, after researching hip products from all manu. for many years, ive only came across a handful of people have snap their hip stems, but a lot of people have had tumors,