PFIZER TO BUT AZ

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2014 at 7:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just saw on seeking alpha that Pfizer has offered to purchase AZ for 60B pounds (+$100B). With a market cap of 47B pounds, looks like a big premium.

With their focus on diabetes and respiratory, will we be the odd ones out?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your going to waste time posting this garbage, at least take the time to spell the header correct...Buy, not But genious...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know I misspelled it. I am doing this market research study to segment people that open posts that are misspelled and see which segment tries to correct the spelling.

The results are in. You fall in the idiot people segment. Congratulations.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It makes sense (story below). I feel sorry for AZ if they are assimilated by Pfizer. There isn't enough Vaseline in the world to ease the pain of being brutalized by NYC HQ.........

Pfizer (PFE) has tentatively approached AstraZeneca (AZN) about acquiring the British-Swedish company in a deal worth over £60B ($100.7B), the U.K's Sunday Times reports. The figure is well above AstraZeneca's market cap of £47.7B.

AstraZeneca has turned the offer down, although Pfizer could make a fresh proposal. A deal would be the largest ever foreign takeover of a British company.

Pfizer is looking to do something with a $70B cash pile that it has accumulated overseas; repatriating the money to the U.S. so it could be distributed to shareholders would land the company with a massive tax bill.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The AZ story line is a diversion by PFE which in reality is trying to buy BMS.

Also, poster #2, it's "you're" or "you are" not your. Maybe you should learn some second grade grammar before showing the world how stupid you are.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what. PFE knew this was going to be taxed BEFORE they went and earned it overseas. Pay the damn tax and give the rest back to the OWNERS of the company, the shareholders.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey!!! Don't you know that only little people pay taxes. Corporate leadership of Pfizer, Apple, Google and plenty of others believe they shouldn't have to support their country. Let others do that so shareholders and executives can get even richer.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Pfizer: Keep your greedy hands off AZ. We are doing just fine without your help!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish! Was with BMS for a long time, before AZ, and have a bunch of BMY stock in the 401K, so I'd rather they buy BMS than AZ.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's "genius", not "genious", genius!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dont think Pfizer can afford the entire state of Arizona.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL..I work for AZ..thanks for the laugh

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you won't be laughing if Pfizer buys you, take the word on a former WYE employee

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sharehold want return on investment. They will all get better value if pfizer employs the funds in a way that individual investor could never achieve. Shareholders will see the value via pfizer share prices. Why on earth would anyone accept the loss if so much value from a repatriation of dollars? Zero sense. If USA had lower corp taxes , maybe pfizer and more firms would bring the money back to USA, but Washington, D.C. Wants the money instead. Great example of why lower tax rates are a good thing. All that pfizer wealth could re-enter the USA, and investors could reinvest it in ither businesses, creating economic value, jobs, payroll taxes, etc. But politicos don't know economics. They only understand: they have it, I want it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the Conservative dogma. As usual it's BS. The average corporate tax rate in America dipped to 12% in 2011, a far cry from the theoretical 35%. Corporate taxes as a share of GDP dipped from 6% in the 1950s to only 1% in 2009. Corporations no longer pay their fair share of taxes and they are still whining about paying any taxes. Interestingly, Pfizer is on the list of ten top corporate tax dodgers on a number of web sites. And it should be painfully obvious to everyone on this board that Pfizer does not create economic value or jobs.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, shareholders want SOME return! If that money is never repatriated, there will be none. Take the hit, gimme the rest.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the word of a former Lederle employee when I say anything is better than Wyeth.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way to go Occupier!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a takeover like, this the ones who benefit are

AZ shareholders
    Investment banks
    PFE executives
    Real estate companies
    Psychological counselors
    Security firms.

PFE shareholders and employees PFE and AZ (non-execs) will get screwed.