Did you see numbers !?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure, by now, everyone has seen numbers. The nation coming in at 78%!!!!! WTF! Now, virtually every single rep won't make jack for the quarter. Pretty f-ing motivating. Seriously, what the hell is the matter with these people? Setting these bs goals and having us fall far short is becoming the norm around here. What the hell does JR say to BR after this nonsense. "Well Bob, I think the vouchers should give us the bump we need." Listen, we all want to do well but this is freaking depressing. I'm rooting for management and marketing to make good decisions but they just haven't proven to be competent. We have a very good sales force that's being made to eat sh*t quarter after quarter.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amrix numbers? What quarter?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company has realized the value of their 'marketing reps' are alot less then your perceived value of yourself. Do what I do, stop going to doctors offices and primarily work the pharmacies. You'll find 1 or 2 that will actually switch provigil scripts to Nuvigil and/or keep your nuvigil scripts. If your a PCP then your an idiot because the biz is not at the docs office, it's at the pharmacies. Cyclo is written 1000s times a day and you just need one pharmacist to switch genetics to Amrix and your golden!!!! I'm way over 100% and making a decent bonus (compared to my past bonuses). It amazes me that knuckle heads still bitch about this kind of crap. Stop listening to the brass and do what u need to do to make money. Lie, cheat, steal which IS the Cephalon way

Sheep or Shepard? which one are you?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey! I am 100% in agreement. However, I also 100% believe this is intentional. Do you remember how they said these incentive comp changes are all about the CIA and our comp package is too high relative to the industry norm? Well...when you look at it, with all the changes they made they didn't technically lower our comp package. They switched things around a bit with the base and the mbo component, and the lowering of the sales performance component. However, the total $ value of the package stayed the same.
    Therefore, the only way that they could actually accomplish the goal of being more in alignment with the lower comp plans of other companies, which is what they said they had to accomplish to be more in compliance is to have us not actually earn the bonuses.
    Mission accomplished.
    By the way, how do you think they like the flat weeklies they are seeing now? I hate it myself but am not surprised one bit.
    When you have a group of people that are used to the "carrot" mentality, it is tough to be motivated when the carrot is taken away and nothing replaces it. It makes matters worse when they try to trick you with a fake carrot that can never be reached which is what we have now and they seem to think we are a bunch of morons and don't realize it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You both make great points. I'm still wondering how the pharmacy is going to switch to Nuvigil??? I will work them more now. The post regarding our compensation is right on too. I just can't believe they wouldn't recognize we are getting the shaft this quarter and not making a reasonable adjustment.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So glad I left sinking ship CNS! Knew this would happen-you get the shaft and its not going to get any better. This ship has sailed so get over it and move on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The goals have been jacked up for years. This is not new?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is new to have the company come in at 78% to goal. It has actually been around a year since it has been jacked. The first 2 quarters of Nuvigil were fine but once Q1 of 2010 hit it got jacked up.
    You want proof? Just look at your bonus payouts and put them on a curve...it will look pretty dismal. Even if you think you had a decent year last year...put your current numbers into old bonus calculators and see how much you would have made even 2 years ago with the kind of growth you must have had.
    They are asking for growth like I have never seen just to make goal, which is now lowered. If you happen to hit goal for sales performance (which is unlikely)...you are looking at maybe 4k net after tax. mbo...if you hit it you are looking at maybe 900 bucks after tax each quarter.
    ugh.
    we all know times have changed but this is fucked up! Not too long ago I used to get a 5k bonus and be pissed! Right now, that is about as good as I can hope for.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The goals were jacked years ago with Amrix when it was the lead product. It is nothing new....