Only 10-20% of my sales calls were ever real calls

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2014 at 2:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's you number? We all know that everyone fakes calls. Be honest.

(And yes... we know that there are you "super-reps" out there who have "never" faked a call and do not understand the meaning of the words "no see" or "no access". You will inevitably spew your lectures about honesty on us and tie up this thread... thank you in advance for your blind allegiance to management & to the biggest lie in this industry - the lie that pharmaceutical sales reps actually make a difference).

The pathetic thing is... I am a multi-year national level sales award winner. It just goes to show how meaningless our efforts really are in what defines "success" in this industry. Nothing we do really matters - this is a form of "pharmaceutical sales existentialism" I suppose.

All the bull shit from corporate about increasing R&F is just the same crap spewed on the sales force in a different year and means nothing. Then, of course, we have the regional and district managers perpetuating the sales call lies up the chain as well to save their own collective careers. Mass layoffs industry wide at the rep and manager level would not impact sales at all. FACT.

This job is a façade should end now.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do think that we can make a difference in our numbers, sales results, etc. However I think you can do that with a small group of physicians. I think it only takes 10-15 customers to really change your numbers. Each territory is basically the same and those that make a diff with that small group usually rise to the top. The rest of your customers are never going to change negative or positive

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a multi year national award winner as well.

I would say 8% to 10% of them are real.

The rest of the calls I enter are blatant falsehoods just to keep people off my ass so I can do the real job, which my manager cannot grasp, nor can anyone above them.

You could cut away multiple layers of bureaucratic BS and just have reps work with marketing along with an account manager/KAM type role all reporting to a VP level person

That would never happen, though, because the bullshit train that propagates upward through the company about what works and what doesn't, though almost completely fictional, consists of quite a few people who want to hold on to their jobs at all costs, which is understandable.

90% of the shit we are forced to do is meaningless. 10% of my calls are actual calls. Not too hard to figure out why this company is going down the toilet

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not know if fake calls are as high as 90%, but I would have to say at least half of my calls are exaggerated. A full presentation is entered when the reality is a co-pay card or coverage was mentioned and that's about it. Anyone relate to that?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I relate to the idea that they need to quantify the job.

I can't relate to what or how they quantify it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

should not sales be the ultimate quantifier?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love my job as a professional sales representative. It would be very eye opening if the strategy and analytics team were to actually run reports that determine the % of detail only calls compared to detail w sample calls . Anytime I enter a detail only call it is usually at 8:15 am to pretend I'm in the field early and 4:30pm to show I am working late. This is the truth. It is very difficult to get access to doctors these days and the doctors that are available are usually worthless and I take my DM on milk runs with them.I love Pfizer!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About 10% are real calls. I have not worked more than 15 hours a week (besides meetings) in over 5 years. Never at top but never near bottom. The difference in bonus payout between the top 5% and me is never more than a thousand or 2 a year. So what do I do in the other 25 plus hours a week? Side business that makes more income than my Pfizer salary and bonus. I beat the system because I dislike the job and there is no need to quit. Too easy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee.....don't you hope your kids grow up to be as honest as you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wondered when the pfirst pfarma puritan would show up. Relax Johnny... they've known this career is a fake joke for a long time. Your job is safe. You don't have to come on Cafe-pharma to defend your livelihood by trying to prove to the corporate cafe-pharma monitors that there are decent reps out there who never fake calls and the reach & frequency strategy of the 1990's is spot on.

Way to go cheerleader.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Betting you're the type that loves to pull others down to your pathetic level in order to make you feel better about yourself.
    Man up...and quit being a gut-less pussy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This identical post is on multiple company boards so he is up to something. Fishing for something which many here are all too eager to divulge. Thought you should all know...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one in management will ever worry about this. A regional manager making 250K is not going report truth about calls. It's a pyramid scam where we all make money and the occasional marginal calls justify the millions of dollars of layers on top of layers of management. Consulting companies keep telling Pfizer that the model is dead, but Regional managers feed Carl with success stories (from great emails) and everyone keeps their job. I appreciate the half million dollars they have paid me in the last 5 years, I have had about 10 decent impactful calls.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which is why:

People with any real business skills have left on their own, they see the end coming and can't stomach what a fallacy this job has become

or

People who won't "play the game" are managed out or severed

Either way, its unsustainable and bound to come crashing down soon enough

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody keeps posting this on every board. You must have been fired!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. I think it is a journalist looking to write a "hard-hitting" piece on the lying pharmaceutical reps.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More likely a consultant. Why people continue to post is unbelievable. What purpose does bragging about lack of work accomplish? More fuel for the ZS's of the world to recommend cuts. Yea-keep posting.....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a journalist. This horse is dead, no one criticizes our industry anymore. Not enough fuel for the fire

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in the midwest. My # is more like 5%. My DM still rides with me once a month and we still play along.

We are mortally afraid of losing our jobs so we keep quiet and make up a fantasyland that we send in on email

The reality is, we don't do shit except barge in to doctors offices', sit amongst the poor people, and get a few signatures on my ipad. Oh, and contribute to the obesity rate by occasionally bringing in a fattening, unhealthy lunch for clinic staff and talking to a few HCP's who can't prescribe anything they want anymore anyway.

The few docs that try to help us out get a pile of denials on their desk and risk getting their hand slapped by their boss.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

true. if a doc does what we want, there is a good chance they will get a ding.