who's gonna buy Cordis?

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pass the hat..bard?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hearing terumo or cardinal

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spectranetics

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terumo is an excellent fit. Cardinal / Carefusion is lost outside of anything other than materials management call points.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dark Horse Candidate:

Gore Medical

They've been working to develop many of these same products in-house.

Terumo would be interesting, the corporate and sales cultures would be a messy combo.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gore has no cash since Bard took them to the cleaners in winning graft lawsuit. Unless Cordis has something in the R and D pipeline which is doubtful, not sure who would be dumb enough to by them for declining SMART stent business. J and J will sell for a song.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even after 4 major recalls, horrible mismanagement, and layoffs, Cordis still shits on Bard every day of the week.

In the last 18 months, Cordis has launched 3 new balloons, a new stent, a closure device, new sheaths and guides, and announced a partnership with Chocolate. Have a 14fr AAA device in Europe that will launch in the US in Q2 of next year and a reconstrainable stent coming soon after. They still have some of the best products.

A focused vascular company could buy them and do very well. Bard or Terumo would be a great fit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above post is spot on. Cordis products still very good. Typical JnJ- no investment in new products for almost a decade and clueless leadership with no clue in Cardiovascular.

The launches above are good products, but too little too late.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker??? Will the old Cordis Neurovascular piece go with it. Cordis still manufactures their Microcatheters and Envoy.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is so quiet. I thought a buyer would have been leaked by now. What the hell is going on?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

B patient
    Takes awhile to sell a turd

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya don't say.

Sincerely,

Mr. Corsanti

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news? Very quiet put there.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Private equity will buy Cordis, AMS and whatever other junk is out there.

Create at $5 billion turd.

Then Medtronic will buy that turd in 10 years.

Deja vu.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

almost in the end of the year, still no update?
    Terumo? Bard? Gore? or even Chinese companies?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Getinge, with Carl Bennet's backing, is bidding against Terumo for this. The last one they did is a mess, and they still have FDA headheaches hanging, do not know why they are into another market share-dropping company. Carl's got $2.5billion to play his games. I would not want to be their shareholders at this moment.
    The other one is Cardinal Health. Cardinal, you may ask? Isn't that a drug distribution company? Bidding for interventional cardiology device business? I agree, it does seem like a wrong company at the wrong place. Interestingly, Cardinal also got $2.5b cash to make mistakes.
    If I were Cordis employee, who do I choose?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terumo is the best fit and probably the least likely to screw it up.
    Getinge will leave it alone but the new product pipeline tap will be shut off.
    Cardinal...is seppuku an option?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. These 3 are confirmed. Cardinal is serious, Don Casey was from JNJ and at some point in charge of the unit that includes Cordis. Still wrong thing to do. Don is a nice guy I hope he does not become the wrong person in the midst of all the "wrongs" for Cardinal-Cordis.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BREAKING NEWS: Cardinal has decided and will win the bid for Cordis. None of the other guys can compete with Cardinal's agreesiveness.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. If true, this renders anything other than preexisting, commoditized products DOA. InCraft, denervation and other programs will wither and die. There will be no growth from within Cordis except that which Cardinal can leverage on to GPO agreements. This will be a sad day for many industry vets, as this tombstone really marks another inflection point at which things changed for the worse.