Class action lawsuit against AIMS Medical Sales Recruiting/Medical Sales College?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jan 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there currently a class action lawsuit against AIMS Medical Sales Recruiting/Medical Sales College? If so, would someone please provide contact info. of the law firm(s) handling related complaints? I think consumers ought to have this information, since AIMS keeps posting all over the internet about "jobs" which I suspect do not all really exist. It is clear to me that their goal is to collect resumes to call on, so they could push job seekers toward their affiliated Medical Sales College and it's expensive course.

AIMS boasts about the number of graduates they placed in medical sales positions, but never the PERCENTAGE of students they actually got jobs for.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not quite sure about the lawsuit, but I thought it was over the fact that they weren't accredited before (which they are now). Maybe there is a lawsuit for those graduates prior to them being certified by the Colorado Department of Higher Education?

It is posted on the AIMS website the percentage of graduates who find jobs....

"Our success rate with Medical Sales College graduates is exceptional! 80.9% of students who complete a comprehensive training program at MSC are hired within 90 days of graduating."

link: http://www.aimedsales.com/medical-sales-college-graduate.html

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. Somehow I doubt they place at the rate of 80.9% since their claim to have placed around 400 students means that since they opened their doors, they've only had around 495 students? Are they saying that they've only grossed approximately $2.5 million over all those years?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AIMS called me. Exactly as thread poster said.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems AIMS had an "F" rating with Denver Better Business Bureau before it changed its name to Elite Med Recruiting.

This is what Denver BBB said about AIMS:

"Out of Business
    Prior to going out of business, this business had an F rating with the BBB."

Here is the link:

http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/employment-training/american-institute-of-medical-sales-in-englewood-co-90110812

AIMS once advertised that it didn't charge hiring companies at all. So, how did it make money then? It had no financial incentive to place Medical Sales College graduates. To me, it's obvious that the sole mission of AIMS was to recruit job seekers for their affiliated Medical Sales College.

AIMS once placed job ads all over CareerBuilder, Monster, and other job boards to lure people into sending them resumes. Applicants were then told that there are medical sales jobs in their area, but a Medical Sales College degree would make their resumes stand out over 2000% (what their former website boasted).

Yes, BBB says AIMS went out of business. However, this is only on paper. In reality it just changed its name to Elite Med Recruiting.

Yes, Elite now charges hiring companies a flat $2,000 for EXPERIENCED (the magic word) recruits. But does this mean Elite has a true financial incentive to place Medical Sales College graduates?

My guess is, NO.

Why, you ask?

Well since Elite is really still AIMS (same basic people running the show), then it probably still makes most of its money from job seekers, not hiring companies.

Before paying thousands to Medical Sales College, consumers should know that traditional recruiters don't push people toward an affiliated Medical Sales College. Real recruiters make money off wealthy hiring corporations, not desperate job seekers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whereas I agree with the above poster on some accounts, I must say that I have been told a few recruiters and company HR's (not affiliated with Medical Sales College) that attending IS A good idea.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem here is not whether or not Medical Sales College (MSC) is a good school or recommended by some traditional recruiters and HR people. The problem here is ETHICS.

Elite pretends to be a separate company from MSC, when in fact they work exclusively (or almost exclusively) together. They might be separate corporations, so meet the definition of separate companies, but they were created to work together in making money from vulnerable job seekers who respond to alleged job ads posted by Elite.

The reason they do this is probably because it could be illegal for a recruiter to promise a jobseeker the chance of a job for money. By Elite (recruiter) pushing jobseekers to MSC (school), then they are working around the classic job recruiter scam of money for a possible job.

Unfortunately, as with the classic scam, I'm sure most MSC grads don't get placed. I read MSC charges closer to $6,500 than $5,000. That's a lot to charge someone who is looking for employment.

Also, look out for how they word things:

1) Whenever they say they have no BBB complaints, they talk about MSC.

2) Whenever they say they don't charge jobseekers anything, they refer to Elite.

3) When they were called AIMS, they said they didn't charge companies at all. Now that they are Elite, they say that they charge companies the least in the industry at $2,000 per experienced recruit. ("Experienced," by the way, is not the same as "MSC grad.")

4) They talk about placing over 400 graduates into jobs, but they don't talk about the percentage of MSC graduates placed . Also, who placed these people, Elite (recruiter) or MSC (school)? It's all very convoluted and confusing.

Elite and MSC seem awfully predatory.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dont give one fuck about AIMS. Having said that I must say you are one of the most dense bastards that has ever posted on CP. I wish I had the time back that I wasted reading your posts. Let it go numbnuts.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on! You are very astute. This should be copied and pasted on all AIMS MSC threads on all boards. There is lady named Shannon Marshall who is answering questions on behalf of MSC over on Cafepharma Message Boards > General Discussion > Medical Sales College. Is it for Real?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beware of the following arguments by Medical Sales College:

1) MSC was approved and is regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board, therefore it cannot be a scam.

Of course, Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC was approved and regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

***Just because a business is approved and regulated by a governmental agency, doesn't mean that business isn't doing wrong to those it allegedly serves.***

2) MSC employs medical doctors to teach certain courses, therefore it cannot be a scam.

Their argument essentially goes like this:
    There are honest, patriotic, educated, and highly decorated generals working for the U.S. Army.
    Therefore, invading Iraq under the false pretense that Iraq has WMDs could not have been a scam.

***Just because there are good people working at MSC, doesn't make the business itself legit. No one is saying that their medical doctor employees are in on the scam.***

I still believe MSC lures students through often bogus job advertisements from Elite (--formerly called AIMS-- which was formerly called Blue Chip. Name changed 3 times within 4 years). Their "interview" call is really just a sales call.

They boast an 81% placement rate, but will not put in writing on how they came up with this figure.

Finally, they offer many testimonials of unverifiable origin, so it is impossible to separate fact from fiction.

Again, everything I have written here and elsewhere are just my opinion. You'll have to decide for yourself whether or not you believe Elite-MSC is a scam.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let me get this straight, you have self-proclaimed to be the sole fighter against the Medical Sales College and Elite Medical Sales Recruiting. You have posted numerous posts that are identical and in many cases literally copied from one blog to another. To date, there are negative threads on CaféPharma in which you have posted and one on the Ripoff Report which you have posted. The threads are identical in posting and message. You have admitted to the fact that YOU are the one posting as an act of being the “consumer advocate” for others. You also have posted that you have not attended the school but in your opinion it is a scam.

I being an actual student am more than willing to pick a school yard fight and ask for simple yes or no answers to solve this debate. I said earlier that you are full of shit and have an agenda to fill. I did my actual research and am happy to share.

You mentioned that the school although licensed and approved through the Higher Education Department in Colorado could not verify that it isn’t a scam.

Why would the school Medical Sales College which has been in existence since 2010, never receive ANY complaints from students in the history of its existence?

In doing MY research I contacted Jim Parker with the State Education Department that verified two very important facts about the college. 1) They indeed since the very beginning have never received a complaint! 2) They are BONDED as a college which the State Of Colorado holds cash (bond) in the event that any student had a reason to be refunded as well as the viability of MSC as a college. In the event that you were correct (which you obviously are not), all students would be refunded tuition!

Question #1 - Are you saying that the Medical Sales College has received a complaint with the Department of Education? – The answer is NO
    Question #2 – Are you disagreeing that the college is bonded? – The answer is YES they are bonded protecting the consumer 100%!

MSC employs medical doctors to teach certain courses, therefore it cannot be a scam

Are you seriously trying to compare MSC with a surgeon facility that includes multiple active surgeons from some of the finest education centers such as Stanford, Yale and others as an example of the US Army invading Iraq? What the hell does that have to do in proving your point? It just proves that you are reaching for anything and that you are a complete r*****!

81% placement rate in answers supplied earlier were confirmed and audited by the State. In fact, they (MSC) supplied the actual auditors names.

This is the best and easiest way to once again PROVE that you are full of shit! You made a statement that the testimonials are of an unverifiable origin?

Really a person needs nothing more than this to decide what is true and what is fabrication in this debate. MSC has on their website more than 100 pages of testimonials from former students (http://elitemed.com/graduate-testimonials/) with pictures, names and experiences. You can easily cross reference this list of names be using a simple Google search or using a networking site like LinkedIn. I DID and that is exactly how I determined rather this college was real or not. After speaking to several people, I quickly realized the value of MSC. ON the Elite Med site, MSC has a referral list of 300-400 placed students (http://elitemed.com/reference-list/) with their names, locations and ALL are available to speak with interested candidates.

Question#3 – How on earth would the college have so many testimonials and referrals if it was a scam? It would be one thing if the college have a couple friends to say nice things, but 400 plus referrals and testimonials? The school has only been open since 2010!

Seeming how I and everyone else is tired of hearing you bullshit theory and because you continue to remain anonymous, I am ONLY interested in you answering the following questions. If you cannot answer the questions, it becomes very apparent of your agenda in this manner.

These are the only questions I nor anyone else would like for you to answer…

What complaints can you confirm that the Medical Sales College have received?

Better Business Bureau ? http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/schools-academic-colleges-and-universities/medical-sales-college-in-englewood-co-90126557

I see and “A” rating with a following date since 2010 with ZERO complaints filled.

I received confirmation from the Jim Parker at the State Of Colorado Higher Education that the Medical Sales College has never received a complaint.

I see not a single lawsuit or any other action from a government agency

Can you deny that the Medical Sales College is a BONDED college?

This would indicate that upon a disagreement a student has recourse to tuition! If so, does a student have anything at risk?

Can you confirm that any of the 100+ pages of student testimonials or the employer testimonials are fake or misrepresented?

I see several of the names, pictures that can be crossed referenced with social media such as Linkedin, Facebook and Google.

Why would the Medical Sales College have a list of references of more than 300 people willing to talk with students if it was a scam?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this Elite/MSC affiliate actually think we would believe that he or she is a Medical Sales College student? The fact that they keep posting in this manner should clearly tell you their program is...well you decide.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical Sales College (MSC) will probably tell consumers they are distancing themselves from AIMS Recruiting. The truth is, AIMS, Elite, Blue Chip and MSC are essentially the same company.

AIMS simply recently changed its name to Elite. Perhaps some policies were altered during the metamorphosis, but the same key players remain. Actually, "metamorphosis" is too strong a word, since in this case the caterpillar remains serpentine.

Like AIMS, the primary mission of Elite is still to recruit students for MSC. Elite might now charge hiring companies $2,000 per EXPERIENCED rep, but they probably still make most of their money from hopeful inexperienced jobseekers.

Remember, AIMS once advertised they charged hiring companies ZERO fees. The new $2,000 fee Elite charges hiring companies is probably so they may now claim they have a financial incentive to place MSC grads. In reality,*however, Elite can still survive even if they place zero MSC grads.

If MSC’s recruiting arm is so successful, then why would they change its name from Blue Chip, to AIMS, to Elite within a 3 to 4 year period? The “distancing” more than likely has everything to do with avoiding legal, financial and reputational issues.

Finally, having a Medical Sales College Certificate on one’s resume might actually put one at a disadvantage over other applicants since HR departments are now becoming aware that certificate holders were SOLD a controversial for-profit educational product. Again, all points are just my opinion.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are considering attending Medical Sales College (MSC), ask yourself:

1) Why did you get a call from MSC?
    The answer, of course, is because you answered a medical sales job advertisement posted by EliteMed. The EliteMed rep probably told you that your resume looks promising, and that someone in your local area will call you about opportunities.

2) Why did the EliteMed recruiter send a followup email after your initial call?
    To plant a seed about MSC, of course. Every good salesperson plants seeds.

3) Why did the "local" EliteMed recruiter say that your chances of getting a medical sales position would increase by 2250% if you obtain a MSC certificate?
    To sell you MSC, obviously. That’s how they get paid! Don’t be fooled when the recruiter says they make $2,000 per placement from hiring companies. That only refers to EXPERIENCED reps who are STILL employed by a medical device company.

4) What happened to the local "job" you originally forwarded your resume for?
    It probably NEVER EXISTED. The only reason EliteMed posted the "position" is to phish for your info. They wanted your resume so they could pitch you MSC.

5) Did you feel pressured by EliteMed into taking the MSC program?
    Of course!!! These recruiters are really high pressure sales people trying to make money off job seekers. Traditional recruiters NEVER make money from jobseekers, only wealthy companies.

6) Why does MSC list tons of percentages and testimonials, but not the cost of their program?
    Because they try to sell MSC’s "value" by obscuring the facts. They will tell you how great your life will be as a medical sales rep, and that an “investment” in yourself is justified.

7) Do legitimate colleges recruit students in this manner?
    What do you think? Of course not.

8) If MSC really works, then why don’t EliteMed recruiters simply take the course and become medical sales reps?
    Because MSC does NOT WORK for MOST PEOPLE. Keep in mind, EliteMed recruiters don’t make as much money as average medical sales reps, so clearly they would make the switch if they could.

Protect yourself. Before you "invest" read this:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/colleges-and-universities/elite-medical-sales/elite-medical-sales-recruiting-13c3e.htm

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EliteMed-MSC professionalism, at its best.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These EliteMed-MSC people are ripping people off. You know, people like our friends and family members. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MSC Certificate vs. Masters Degree-- a False ROI Argument

Medical Sales College (MSC) will probably continue to tell prospective students that the return on investment (ROI) from a MSC certificate exceeds that of most masters degrees.

Questions that immediately come to mind are:

1) How did they calculate this claim? (They didn't, of course. It's just another unverifiable MSC assertion.)

2) Can I transfer credits from a MSC certificate towards a masters or Ph.d? (No, since MSC is a non-accredited, for-profit school.)

3) Can a MSC certificate be used for other jobs? (MBAs can be used for many other positions including medical and pharmaceutical sales, but a MSC certificate is specific to medical sales.)

4) Why doe EliteMed-MSC keep using unverifiable claims? (You be the judge on this one.)