COVIDIEN-NEW VENTILATOR

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone have ideas of the new ventilator comming from PB??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the 940?? word on the street is it got canned by the FDA....sales reps are showing videos right now it is a pipe dream......

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the vent that is to replace the 840 being developed in Carlsbad?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes that is the one i am speaking of......first filing to FDA got rejected....what have you guys heard about this thing???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was there in the very early days and left for many reasons. I didn't expect them to even come close on the proposed delivery schedule and I was right. Slipping schedules in years seems to be normal for the Medical Industry, its just something you have to accept if you want to work there. If the FDA rejected it then they will be more aggressive the second time around so it will be difficult for them if the core design is weak. Don't get me wrong ventilators are complex devices to design and build, the quality of the QA team makes all the difference, and the FDA can be tough to work with; my hat is off to companies that can pull it off. I was just curious where they were at and it looks like they are at the beginning of the release process. It's been my experience this can go on for years. I'm sure now that they are trying to release it there will be more public information. Marketing videos is smart since if they do slip they don't waste marketing money with false starts. The last thing they need is to promise a vent and not deliver.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its called the 980
    lot of hype in the videos

we will see what happens

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for the insight, this is clearly the most legit information I heave heard on this ventilator....we are changing our fleet and the rep is promising innovative tools, i just don't believe him....have a good day

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Presellng unapproved products and hiding complaints, tyco lives on w/dıff name. Love to be a fly on the wall Iin boulder. Guesswhat? Shıt on enough good ppl, hostıle env, screw ppl w/bıannual layoffs so you get a bonus, keep incompetents in ldrship, you get this. Surprised there aren't more posts like this.

My fav is constant reorgs and leadership blaming others pushed out to cover their gross ineptitude to corp. wake up joe.

It would be smart to treat ppl fairly, settle up accts, make things right and put a smile on everyone's face. Hk now, do the right thing. Foreign concept to this leadership team.

Only takes one to blow the whistle.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are SO right.. This is nothing more than the same old Tyco Healthcare that was run by Kozlowski.. Same mentality, different leadership raised in that culture

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are SO right.. This is nothing more than the same old Tyco Healthcare that was run by Kozlowski.. Same mentality, different leadership raised in that culture

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally How about managers pushing Whatever it takes Unsupported PAV claims, advisory boards, selling at hcp training, unapproved articles they want u to use but not tell them about Despite hitting ur number they shrink ur terr selling a dated buggy POS vent then give it to someone else because ur mgr didnt like u Company never does the right thing

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YEP.. also, have you ever seen SO MANY VP's? Not to mention half arent even 40 yet.. glorified hatchet men..

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

980 fewer features than 840. 840 launch all over again w 7200. Can't wait to speak w cust and tell them how gr8 the 980 is 18-24 months from launch. Great aesthetically, light on substance and innovation Wait til you see v 2.0! They been patient enuf w the 840. So much for the years late $170 million next great thing. sure stockholder wll be happy!

Wonder where bob White, Pete Wehrly and Joe Almieda are in all this to let Willett get this far afield. Pete and Jim are spine guys and know each other, so no surprise. Joe is former Tyco and White, not a bad guy IMO, doesn't ave much time in device.

Number of ppl jilted by covidien, someone blowing whistle is a question of when, not if. rIF timing is bad too with 980 apprvl or someone cld come out of wood works.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they may be in for a rough time coming up..

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I phone tyoe touch screen with pinch to zoom, real time flow trigger MISSES to compete with NAVA......automated pressure vol curve......thats what i have heard

nothing great

RT

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pitched our facility while ago. Odd since it was not apprvd per thread higher up. No SPO2, no HOx, can't triggEr breathe with prox but they talked vent response times. No company spons clinical data on upgrd PAV n iesyc. Bodes well for competition that has data.

Unimpressive given the last time PB released the upgrd 840.

Covidien done great job running PB into the grnd.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i believe in this platform.

I have seen the vent in demo at Carlsbad and I am happy that we will be one of the first to get it

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must work for the company or in a Level 3 center or regional hospital. * *In its current form the 980 is not a whole house vent. *

I would rather unify with one vendor that can be used across the ENTIRE house than piecemeal to ensure consistency . *There is ZERO company data on PAV and the price that was discussed with our facility, before it was submitted to the FDA it seems, was ridiculously high for its capabilities. *How about having consistent user experience? Think about nurses and RTs that take call, people float between depts. *There is actual clinical risk if different vents are used in the facility. *Didn't a patient die peri procedure not too long ago because the crna was not familiar with a vent. *It was in the news. *

Competition has better offerings for NICU PICU *and better integration into hospital systems. *Yes the 980 has a slick user int designed to make an RTs life easier but we don't have the influence we used to and it is not about us. *The question is what is best for our patients and who has the DATA to support evidence based practice which influences the value committee. **

If I was an enterprising FDA or DOJ person, not being an expert on the rules for med device, *it seems like some rules were broken and some names were named for people responsible. Dont care how big a vendor is, no one should break rules in this industry and put patients at risk. *

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many of you idiot posters used to work for Covidien and got fired for poor performance? By the misinformation. And insults I'd say quite a few. Embarrassing.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I guess Covidien is nothing but a highly ethical, above board organization? Sun purple in your world?