Definitive Company Car Thread

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Dec 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, everyone asks it but it is almost impossible to get a straight answer. Please post your division and what your car choices are. Happy Holidays!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Global Director of PMO for the Intelligent Device division and I have to take a bus or hitchhike

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My CHOICE is a Porsche cayenne or Range Rover. Reality says it will be something crappy like an Escape or Chevy Cruze

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I have read on here it is usually an Escape, Malibu, Equinox or Subaru Forester. Can anyone confirm these choices?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone...?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the original poster......why does this matter?
    Will you turn down the job offer if the car choice is not to your liking?
    For our sake, I hope you don't get the position because you are an idiot!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes.confirmed. Had a Forester then Equinox

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, just curious. It seems like every other thread someone asks about the cars that are offered. I just wanted to get real answers and put them in one thread so everyone can quit asking!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw a Covidien rep driving a Dodge Durango here in the North East. Don't know if that is a snow belt option all I know is I see him all the time, he's at Covidien and he has a Durango.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure I'm the 1% here, but I got to the final rnd and based on what I was being told at the time, it was between me and "1 other candidate." I asked a few people who worked at Covidien in yrs past what the car choices usually are and got similar answers to what was posted above. The problem is I am 6'8. I understand the need to be humble and not flashy, but unfortunately for me, those cars would never be any good for me because I barely fit in them. And at the time, I had kids and those cars just wouldn't be big enough. Like I said, I'm sure I'm the 1%, but for me, I was better off driving my own Suburban and getting an allowance.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You won't get an allowance here even if you are a sasquatch. Just saying'.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you're a tall idiot! Congratulations!
    Please let me know which division you are hired for and I will be on the lookout for you

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah the negativity....a real tough guy. Can't get away with it at home with the wife so you have to spread your bad ass attitude where nobody knows you. Well, as long as is it makes you feel better about yourself, I guess it serves a/your purpose....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That can suck as you spend so much time in the car. However, unless you have some form of disability you can't get any heck
    Lp from them. Also, look at it this way.. You HAVE a job and in t bees times I would be happy. For that and deal with inconveniences of which free car you get!
    After. Being downsized recently, I'll take it.. Good luck to you..

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GI Solutions gets an allowance. Drive whatever you want...although, the allowance is low and taxed as income. We also get gas and oil changes.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's the tough guy now? You just made this personal....there's no need for that. Keep it clean and respectable.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry I called you that.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup. Not a bad problem to have..."my free car is too small"
    XOXO
    -Another recently downsized ex-COV employee.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Durango is an option for Energy. Most other divisions get and equinox, Taurus, escape or Subaru.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No more Durangos. All AST gets base Equinox 1LT, 2wd. Upgrade to AWD pay 1200