Why layoff now with acquisition in the wings ?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Sep 7, 2014 at 9:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are we modeling new cuts in the US sales force right when it is likely that we will be acquired ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

According to HR and corporate it makes it easier when acquisitions are in the works. This is the way all companies do it. It is almost protocol.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is looking to reduce operating costs and eliminate duplication of services including sales people and managers. By AZ cutting back now it makes the deal more lucrative=higher stock price=more money for the VIPs when they sell their options and take their golden chutes. Got it???? It is the first sign that AZ leaderships knows the deal will get done this time.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All speculation on both sides!! Buyout and layoffs.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just follow the yellow brick road Dorothy and when you wake up you will be back in Kansas again. But it seemed so real.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the greatness of being part of the BMS buyout they can't do anything to us until Febuary 1st or pay us out. Part of the agreement that we signed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, but you'd think it would take at least that long and probably longer to figure out the assets and territories.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's fine then I can go back to BMS were I belong!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mmm....yeahhh....sure....let us know how that works out for ya.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better than it will for you with no contacts from any company!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no it is the ... queen again. We know who you are bitch.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

crazyasabagofhammers

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of you around in late 2011 Dec I believe.....we got email regarding the need to get smaller as an organization. And maybe around late Aug of that year ? It was formally mentioned about changes possibly happening in the future. Anyways my point is there has been NO MeNTiON at all on any national calls, etc about any possibility of reorg, reductions, etc. So do you really seriously think that it will happen? Calm down, folks. Maybe I'm missing something, but see absolutely no indications of any changes anytime soon.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word from VP at Pfizer, any new offer will not happen this year. Could be 1st qtr of 2015.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember 9/11 nobody saw that one coming either.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dead wood catches fire quickly......better to clear the forest.....