Lost the PIP war

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the real pathetic one for laughing.
    Your time will come with that attitude.

Let me guess...you and the other manager both had a good time in the room, together, working side by side, two losers with vasoline and ky jelly...

loser.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great post.
    they are the same ones that could never actually sell a dam thing, but just ride off of the coat tails of others. pathetic is kind.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It goes all the way up. These jackass managers have jackass managers too.

AZ is a dysfunctional operation. There have been no new products. AZ inherited products and they have managed to milk them while they self-aggrandize.

If something cannot last forever, then it will end.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some to of them have zero product knowledge in the area they manage. Not only can they not answer questions regarding competitive products, they lack the basic knowledge of our products too. And these people are supposed to be coaching us and helping us to access difficult customers? I remember when I had managers that could actually take a sales call and do a decent job of it. My current manager spends all of her time on the phone or e mail and is gone by 2 p.m.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they really need to know product? Do many of the CBD's really know product? The important thing is they look good to their manager (same boat you are in), and rating, ranking, and cutting people to give the "perception" they are managing the district and doing a good job. Just as you are trying to create the "perception" you are making all those sales calls, influencing customers, and doing a good job.

It's all about perception.

Can you blame a manager who leaves at 2 PM? They are over burdened with silly work, the same as the rep who pulls over at 2 PM to work on silly stuff. They might have had a 2 hour drive in and back and still have to do all the poopie stuff, even more than you do.

Most reps I talk to are elated their manager leaves early and have no complaint!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My district had six managers in 12 years. All were promoted within two years except the last one, who has been there for almost seven years.

In this time all he has done is destroy a very successful team by cutting, driving people away, and micromanagement with constant threats and intimidation.

What is the point in having management like this? One of the keys to sales is having the trust and rapport to continue to promote in difficult to access offices. If you have new reps every couple of years where is the advantage?

I don't understand why AZ went in this direction. It makes no sense.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometime ago AstraZeneca lost the ability to have empathy or caring for its reps. Stack ranking did a lot of it. There became this belief that the vast majority of people were worker drones of limited value. Only the select few were of importance and "worthy" of a future to the corporation. The future managers as it were and it was actually stated as such. Pie charts were thrown up on a screen to explain it. It was easy for managers to buy into. After all, weren't they already part of the select few?

My guess is your current manager has done an excellent job in showing what was mentioned before; the ability to rate, rank, and cut people to give the "perception" they are managing the district and doing a good job. After all in managements mindset, many of the people in the district aren't worth two licks anyway. Cleaning up the district is what they are "supposed" to be doing.

The really frightening part is that management may actually perceive your manager to be doing a very GOOD job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just shut the fuck up you whiny rambling pussy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Sir, may I have another?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, we know how good AZ management has been for the last 15 years. David Brennan and his cronies were under one Corporate Integrity Agreement after another and their share buy backs just managed to keep AZ stock level for 10 years.

Yeah, I understand what a vitality curve it. It is peddled by the consultants that our upper management use instead of making decisions themselves. The sad thing is that many managers who bought into the lie that they had any future potential are mostly still in their jobs. Which is being a nanny to a bunch of reps that flip them the bird after a two day ride a long.

Glad I am in a grown up business now where I don't need to be managed by people who have never sold.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stack ranking doesn't really work. All it does is create fear and kill collaboration. GE found out how badly after years of doing it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently so has Microsoft. But that doesn't mean AZ will get it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. AstraZeneca is synonymous with bad management.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up, people's lives and families are on the line and you are steady trolling.