Applied Managers

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking at a sales position with Applied. Can anyone shed some light on the style of management, not only from the local managers but regionally as well. I have heard pros and cons about my potential manager but have heard some nightmare stories about a regional manager by the name of John Donahue? I would fall under this individual.
    I also had a recruiter to tell me to stay away from this company as they make a lot of false promises to incoming Reps. Thank you for any helpful input.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a couple of seconds, read some of the postings on this forum, and it should give you a pretty idea of what management is like for this company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DONT DO IT!! I took a job about 2 years ago with them....JD is not bad... but the rest of the company,,, SAD!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager is good. Their is a lot of micro managing going on. My manager has shared with me some of his issue's with upper management and says they are forced to do a lot of things that they would not normally do. As he says, it all flows down hill. A lot of the problems start with John Donahue. Just recently John sent out an email that ripped all the sales reps. John referred to the sales staff as a bunch of little birdies sitting in their nest and waiting for their moms to feed them, referring that the managers are doing all the work and feeding business to the reps. If you want to come work for John take the job, John's management ability, or lack of is why there are people leaving Applied.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job absoultly sucks. managers can't even approve overnight shipping. the organizaional ladder is very sad. Burn out US surgical people trying to run the show by fear. I mean, really - if you dont pass a role play you will be fired. What jackass really spits out that foolish verbatum crap. Every customer would vomit on you. The only promotion, is to get hire somewhere else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I witnessed JD deliver the best Sales speech I'd ever heard (in a decade)...

Then he ended with "look around the room & see who's here bc in a quarter or two you won't see the same faces".

TRUE.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hair piece

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA! There is a guy with a really bad hair piece here, color doesnt even match!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like everywhere else, your experience is based on YOUR direct manager. If he/she is an awesome manager, you get along with them, exhibit the ability to succeed with quantifiable results, and provide the team with positive influence you WILL be successful and probably be on your way to advancement within the company and a long successful career. If you are a negative rep, not contributing the the growth and progress of your territory and district, and unable to utilize your talents and skill set to PRODUCE growth with quantifiable results, then you are probably not a great fit and should look at working for another company. This is a highly competitive sales arena here folks!! It is type A, strong willed winners!! If you do not fit that "stereotype" you WILL NOT, be successful in this field. PERIOD! So when you evaluate a company and it's management, be sure to look honestly within and make sure that you posess those strengths. If you do not, than the device field will eat you up and spit you out. There are thousands of "great reps" and "great people" out there that this field just does not suit very well, and that is OK. That is life, but if you do possess the "right stuff" then climb aboard and you will be off to an extremely lucrative and rewarding career.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

absolutely not true.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

absolutely true

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke! U AM managers r so funny

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like many, I did my time at USSC and while we thought our sh-t did not stink, ethicon cleaned our clock due to arrogance and a pissed off customer.

So, this SM team that ran USSC into the ground is now the SM team at companies like Applied, ISRG, etc.

Hmm, one is thriving with ZERO competition and one is struggling with competition.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

huh? could u be any more vague?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes my name is R Rodgers
    I was at applied
    I left
    So there!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any info on Stan Huey as a manager? Seems like a good guy talking to him, but obviously things can be different when you work for them. Thanks..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STAN THE MAN!!!!! JUST LIKE FRANK THE TANK!!!!!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"device field"? That's laughable! You are a disposables company.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How Silly -It is not about survival of the fittest, otherwise the salary and bonus would be much higher - I don't think this this comp package equals what a plumber or policeman makes - so why all the aggression and intimidation for a job that will last no more than 3-5 years at best, then its' hit the road and start all over again at the next circus - Do you think we are that dumb?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest