Hair Drug Testing - Standard or Extended

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am aware that AZ does hair drug testing. Does anyone know if they do the standard 5-panel screen or do they do an extended test (which tests for percocet/vicoden).

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they do the expanded test back at least 90 days, and can go up to 9 months depending on your hair length.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you 100% positive on that? So they conduct the "5-panel" which are Amphetamines, Cocaine, Opiates (Codeine and Morphine), Phencyclidine, and Marijuana PLUS the "extended" Oxycodone and Hydrocodone?

I'm wondering because I took a few percocet (oxycodone) 3 weeks back and am going to take the hair test sometime in September.

I've read online that all of the main testing labs such as LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics do NOT test for oxycodone and hydrocodone and most hair tests do NOT test for the extended drugs, unless you buy an extended test online or diirect from a vendor.

Where did you have to take your hair test?

Please let me know any specifics, or if anyone has any additional information. Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone is yanking your chain...I just got hired and only had a urine test. Get a life!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took mine about 2 weeks ago. They took hair from about 4 different areas of my head. They girl said that it was their most wide screening that was offered. They do not ask for what drugs you are taking, because of ADA laws. She commented that a Dr. will review any abnormal findings and contact you about those findings before submitting them to AZ. If you take a drug under Dr's orders they will not fail you on those drugs. Thats all that I know I hope that helps.

Good Luck

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will need to do drugs in order to deal with working for this shit company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what kind of shampoo can anyone suggest? I just want to be safe. Doubt the amount i did is even detectable but just saying...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got to list all the drugs I was on via prescription before the test. A couple of which would have failed me, I know. I had no problem and never received a call from anyone and passed with no problem.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. 7, here's how to beat the hair test, from another CP thread:

"1)buy some dialysis tubing from a supplier or go back and visit your HS chemistry teacher and steal some from the lab.
    2)Go to drug store and buy highest strength Selsun Blue shampoo
    3) Fill dialysis bags with shampoo, and dialyze against at least 10 volumes of distilled water X 24 hours, changing the water at least 3X/24 hours.
    4) Doing the above will yield highly concentrated selenium, the active ingredient in Selsun blue.
    5) 24 hours pre hair test wash your hair with the highly concentrated shampoo at least 5x to allow selenium to seep into the hair shafts and follicles.
    6) the selenium will mask any drugs you may have in the hair or hair root.
    7) go confidently into the testing lab and offer up your hair."

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no way to fool a hair test. The root of your hair has your DNA. They cut several areas around the scalp or crown of your hairline, extract your DNA and look back 90 days. You are allowed to provide any medicines youre on at the time, just as if you were going to a new doctor. Those who shave their head, will be asked to take pubic hair samples, arm pits, even legs. If you are unable to provide adequate hair samples, the company will make their decision going forward, and you will be notified.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry there is a threshold for drug testing. They are looking for abuse and chronic use. If you abuse drugs they you are screwed. Actullay you are screwed either way. This company is a mess. I am surprised they are hiring because soon they will be firing.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had hair test done today. The took a couple of little strands. Nothing big. She told me they are looking for the illegal stuff.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true, there are thresholds. There's no way to beat a drug test, but those shampoos and methods out there can lower the concentration of the drugs leftovers in your hair. Whoever said they "test your DNA" isa nitwit and has no idea how a hair test (or DNA) work. Drugs metabolize in your body and produce certain toxins. As your hair grows, those toxins accumulate in the core of the hair. No amount of washing will get it out, it is IN the hair. You can get shampoos like Zydot or Toxinwash and they will open the hair up to help clean out some of the hairs core, but they will not get everything. Depending on your body chemistry, size, BMI, etc they will reduce the concentraitons of the detectable substance around 15%-35%. If you are a light/casual user, and abstain for as long as you can, and get a fresh hair cut, then use the shampoos, you'll have a greater chance of falling below the threshold. There's no garauntee.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a haircut won't do anything. They test the root. The growth over the last 90 days. That is a very small bit of the root of the hair.

Shampoos won't help, you are wasting your money. Don't do drugs for 4 months before you need a test. If you can't abstain for 4 months, then you have a problem that needs to be addressed. Get medical help.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am 56 years old with a massive right-to-left combover consisting of about four strands of hair. I am washing these four strands vigourously three times/day prepping for the drug test. I'm hoping that the high ratio of shampoo to available hairs will wash out all of the drugs that i've been using since college. Let's hope.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i took ahair test for conrail . they took a small amount of hair in three spots from the crown of my head. i quit smoking pot about 40 days before the test . i did a blood cleaner from the head shop then purchased ridx shampoo . toxin wash shampoo . zydot shampoo twice and the pre zydot cleaner called aloe rid from nexus. i exercise a lot so im assuming my blood was clean i used the aloe rid for a month and also washed daily with the ridx from the head shop. then i used the zydot a week before the test and three days prior to the test. along with that i used the toxin wash three times before the test which really burns by the way. the day of the test i did the toxin wash then used the ridx one more time. i also had my hair cut really short twice in the time i quit smoking. ive read alot of different information about the amount of time marijuanna stays in your hair anywhere from 1 week to three months depending on your activity level , usage , and body type , since marijuanna stays in your adipose tissue having a low body fat percentage helps. i also used the steam room quite a bit. since the root of the hair is fed from the blood once your blood is clean no drugs will enter the root . there are products that will cause a false positive but from the research ive done which is extensive no one really knows how long it stay in your hair there are to many factors. but im sure i passed and if i dont i let u guys know

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I dunno who is spreading this rumor, I was hired 5 months ago and was given the standard urine test. What divisions are doing hair tests or is this the typical Cafepharma bullshit?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was JUST hired within the past month, and was required to submit to a hair drug test. They cut off snips of my hair from two places on my head.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True enough, to an extent.

The metabolite of cocaine, benzoylecognine, has a very long half-life and remains detectable for a long enough time that hair follicle growth can detect it in most cases. Problem is, the trace amounts cannot always be linked to a specific dose or time-range. Benzoylecognine is not found as a normal human waste by-product, so it is indicative of cocaine abuse at one time or another.

Other substances of abuse, such as delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or as known to pharmacists as dronabinol (Marinol), are detectable for varying amounts of time depending on the individual. Marinol is a perfectly legal drug, but you better be wasting away from chemotherapy or the later stages of HIV to qualify for a valid prescription.

Metabolites of opioids (hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl, morphine) are subject to wide variations in individual pharmacokinetic parameters, but in general they are detectable within two weeks of a binge.

Hair tests are usually only used if you really are suspected of drug abuse. If you fail a urine screen, or you are randomly selected for a hair test, it means they have reason to suspect or on the other side your unlucky number was drawn.

Alcohol disappears fairly quickly, but even a few glasses of wine the night before can sometimes trip up even the least sensitive laboratory assays. Same for some very unspecific assays and poppy seeds.

If you are using oxymetazoline or xylometazoline nasal sprays for congestion, some of the cheaper labs sometimes come up with a false positive for epinephrine/norephinephrine analogues. Google those to see what I mean.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is eli lillys pre employment drug testing policy