Most stupid thing you have done for a doctor?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Letting him finger F me!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly remember a reasonably powerful medical director showing up for the final game of the major league series during a weekend day in a stadium suite. He looked like a walking sporting goods store after the game with every conceivable team memorabilia possible (charged to pharma). The same guy railed against the industry the remaining 364 days of the year while reining in the tower..

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"ghost wrote" an article in 2001

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stupid, shady, slime ball rep was friends with the owner of a swanky restaurant. Back in the day, dinner programs did not have sign-in sheets and checks for the speaker were mailed to the rep to be given at the event. This idiot had his friend swipe his AMEX for $2,500 for 25 "attendees" when he never promoted the program. Friend then gave idiot rep $1,000 cash so they both came out "winners." No program, and speaker was given his check the day before with apologies that the program had to be cancelled at the last minute. Idiot probably looked like a hero to his DM with 25 top targets attending.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This had to be pre 1995, before the PODS.
    today, he/she would get ratted out so quickly.
    also, today, people are not that stupid to risk losing a job like this, when it is almost impossible to land another good job in this economy unless you were drinking buddies with the person interviewing you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic double books for dinner / lunch expense...bringing in a few sandwiches and chips..using the same deli for 3-4 lunches a week? have a friendly understanding make an extra few hundred a week.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't know the rep personally, but I believe he was a hospital rep and worked independently. My DM told me about it and how it fell under the radar for awhile. Eventually it caught up to him and he was fired.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bring in coffee and d'nuts, sat them next to big bag of bagels and cream cheeses another gal brought in, waited and watch staff finish off big country b'fast of biscuits (egg, ham, cheeze) from another rep...while staff says 'oh, no leave it here we'll take care of it' , finally getting my 20 second sig. /detail call in.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

some of the most stupid things I have seen and that I have not done usually involved costumes. I have seen the Easter Bunny, Stars Wars characters, Christmas elves, and other ridiculous dress up days.

Things that I have done and regret include buying gift certificates, wine, whiskey for a doc that was probably an alcoholic and taking complete ass----- to lunch in hope that they would RX my product.

Old timer here with regrets. Advice to you young whippersnappers is please do not compromise your integrity over this job. You will regret it. I also regret spending time on weekends catching up on paperwork when I should have managed my time better during the week and spent more time with my kids on Saturday.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I "ghost wrote" many CVs for doctors we wanted to sign up as fake speakers so we could bribe them with speaker fee. Okay, honorarium. Conducted many fake programs with all these distinguished speakers and their overfed medical assistants per my manager's direction. I was educating them like 5 or 6 times a week and my manager said it was not enough.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I compromised my integrity when we had to do preceptorships. This was prior to HIPAA but I always felt uncomfortable and awkward when I was standing there in the patient room hearing their personal issues with ED, constipation and GERD. What an invasion of privacy on my part.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of us have been there.
    Mine is when I was pushing my product like an ass clown at a dash and dine, back in the day...20 years ago...only to become number one in the region...

and then get played by my big pharma. company with a small bonus check. eye opener off the gates.

get out now, youngsters.
    better to never enter this world though!