Pristique not unique

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2007 at 11:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Pristique may have peak sales of $500 mil Advil!!

Barron's

Pristiq

Experts are divided about whether Wyeth's new antidepressant drug, Pristiq, represents a significant medical advance.

If approved by the FDA later this month, Pristiq will face plenty of competition in the $20 billion depression drug market.

But in April, Pristiq could get the go ahead for another use -- as the first nonhormonal treatment for the hot flashes and night sweats that accompany menopause.

Cancer fears prevent many women from using hormone replacement therapy. And aging Baby Boomers want better treatments.

"There could be a huge market for this drug," says Dr. Grant Mitchell, director of psychiatry at Northern Westchester Hospital. "There really aren't any great alternatives."

Barbara Ryan, an analyst with Deutsche Bank, predicts annual sales of $500 million by 2011. But OrbiMed says sales could hit $2 billion.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This drug will be just another Wyeth blockbuster - not! Who would think that trading hot flashes for decreased libido, nausea, increased blodd pressure and incredible withdrawal issues. C'mon-use your head. Women and their physicians are not as gullible as tey were back in the Premarin days.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this and anti- depressant

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, many OB/GYNs have been using Effexor for hot flashes for years. Ask them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you ask them, you will be guilty of off label promotion and you will be fired - I promise.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit, just dont let anyone tape record you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Horseshit, they're MORE gullible than ever. They're on some kick now about vaccines causeing autism. Thimerosol has been out of them for years and autism has gone up.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trading hot flashes for decreased libido, nausea, increased bp and withdrawal is nothing compared to increased risk of breast cancer, heart attacks, strokes, ... the list goes on.

FYI - doctors have been using Effexor and SSRIs for hot flashes even before ACOG posted it on their website as an alternative to hormone therapy during the days post WHI. They will write Pristiq for women who have contraindications or are just afraid to take ET and HT. It's not about being gullible, it's about being informed and having alternative therapies. There's no one size fits all drug for anything.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, Pristiq is a pretty name.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, Pristiq is a pretty name. But what about 3rd party coverage? How pretty will that be?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

maybe we'll get coupons to cover the difference? hmmmmmm

same thing happened with Lexapro, and that's not even a pretty name.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey dimwit, you're already making excuses and we haven't even launched. Remember Lexapro, they're the ones that kicked your ass with no coverage while Effexor XR was covered on every plan. What was your lame excuse then?

Why don't you just shut up and sell it or go away!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a big strong man. You are really one tough guy. By the way, will you be getting nice purses to carry your samples of Pristiq.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG that was the most absolutely LAMEST putdown attempt I've ever seen in my whole life. You should be ashamed of yourself on sooooo many levels.

Just walk away......

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll turn and walk away, but stop checking out my ass you big strong Wyeth rep. Haw Haw.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cymbalta has no coverage as well and grew. If you docs complain about coverage and write Cymbalta, then they are just giving you BS. How can you complain about something you know nothing about?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No study exists showing any anti-depressant including Pristiq works any better than a placebo for reducing hot flashes, which are subjective anyway and only last a few minutes long at worst. That is a heavy price to pay to take a heavy duty drug 24/7 for a few minutes of daily relief that a sugar pill also provides.

FDA is crazy (or bought) if they allow this unproven drug travesty on the market.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having gone through menapause and experiencing pretty severe hot flashes- I agree it is crazy to take an antidepressant- Black Cohosh and Soy really work. The hot flashes do go away. It amazes me that we thing pharmaceuticals should solve everything. The longer I have been a pharma rep- the more I think that natural remedies should be tried first.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell you what quit pharmaceuticals and go work for a company that sells Black Cohosh and Soy. There's a lot of double-blind randomized trials confirming their efficacy. While you're at it, hug a tree, and chant, that helps your hot flashes, too.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So we know that some dr's have been using Effexor XR for hot flashes for years with some good results. Not every patient, but good results.

So why does the dr want to write this new drug Pristiq when they will be able to get a generic (or almost identical generic) for a cheaper for the patient??

Sincere question.