Perlmutter Town Hall - October 1

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 27, 2014 at 1:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An invitation to the Perlmutter Town Hall in K15 on October 1 has been sent out to MRL colleagues. Does anybody know what is on the agenda and why the announcement was given on such short notice? Do you think RP will talk about all of the great progress that has been made?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, he will no doubt emphasize the great progress he has made.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be a formal introduction of Junkyard Joe to the quivering horde of MRL employees. He will also announce the termination of the British Mafia.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is just trash like his accomplishments.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

British - is that UK (including Scotland) ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully it's as in - Rupert and Rich, c'mon down! You're the next contestants on pink slip avalanche!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roger: Good morning to my loyal servants at MRL. Today, I would like to introduce Junkyard Joe, ahem....I mean Dr Joseph Miletich to MRL. Joe has several important announcements, please welcome JJ to MRL

Muted applause from MRL, but mainly from Rich and Rupert.

Junkyard Joe: "Grrr ! Grrr ! It is a pleasure to return to MRL, once again I thank Dr Perlmutter for another opportunity for employment and to do his dirty work. As you know, I have never been able to find real work without Roger's help. This is a clear example of who you know, not what you know"

RMP: "JJ it is great to have you back on the leash...ahem...I mean on the team"

JJ: "The first order of business a few organizational changes...it is my pleasure to announce the immediate departure of Dr Rich T. who is leaving MRL to be a dick head elsewhere else....in addition, Dr Rupert has decided to shag new opportunities elsewhere......I wish them success in their future endeavors and to Rupert, old chap, shag well old chap, shag well....Grrr ! Grrr !"

RMP: "JJ thank you, stop by my office for a bone after the Town Hall"

RMP: "I would like to thank all MRL servants for taking time from labeling draws to join us for some Joe De Vivre"

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This week, it includes Scotland...last week it was undecided...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Roger that"...I am looking at the entire contingent of wankers from the UK.

JJ

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grrr! Grrr! Grr!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grrr! Grrr! Grr!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who knows what it's about but here are some possibilities:

-He can no longer take the gross incompetence from EDDS management and decided to get rid of all the labs and turn them into PD-1 celebration cookie factories.

- A desperate plea for at least one person to fill out the culture survey.

- Reveal that Rupert and Joe are actually one and the same person, one prior to summarizing his accomplishments to Roger, one after.

- Announce that there’s not enough money for R&D, the price of coffee has to be increased from 25c to 50c so we can afford consumables.

- Launch of a new product; He discovered that the gravy train that much of our management is riding has become so greasy it can actually be bottled and sold for a profit.

- The EDP finally gets retired after it was revealed that it really stands for Early Departure Preferred

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Key note speaker for MRL funeral.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

- Reveal that Rupert and Joe are actually one and the same person, one prior to summarizing his accomplishments to Roger, one after.

Perhaps Rupert can be traded to Amgen...seems like a fair quid pro quo.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

John belongs on the list and the sidekick labeler. What we call a two-fer. Maybe we can start discovery again instead of destroying good teams, outsourcing everything and bring back the common goal of discovering medicine.

Bunch of kiss up shallow scientists.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He will probably announce that Merck is getting out of in-house research so they can free up funds to buy promising drug candidates from small biotechs. "Merck needs to be able to adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace ... blah, blah, blah."

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup these fucks need to be purged ASAP before they can cause even further destruction. Contrary to the view voiced by upper mansgement, the labs continue to decay even further on a daily basis- it's only getting worse and piss poor ass kissing self serving upper management is the reason . Purgue of all upper leadership above AVP needs to happen NOW- time to hold the assholes responsible for ten years of destruction they have sown in MRL. I hope that finally the right thing will be done and the entire band of pricks will be unceremoniously tossed out on their asses. There isn't a more deserving pile of dog shit on earth than the MRL vp's club- no reason to retain anyone down to AVP. Lose them all and nothing would change in terms of productivity at all, and morale would instantaneously get better than it's been in ten years.
    If I were Parmee, Hill, Hunter, Vessey, Tillyer, Herman, or any of the others I wouldn't be able to stand myself knowing that I was a key contributor to the destruction if one of the greatest research organizations that ever existed. Must be nice to look in the mirror and think " I am a complete and total failure". Of coarse they all have their fat wallets to soothe their huge egos. But ultimately knowing you were a complete failure has to suck, especially for egos like these.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck was very successful with their natural products dept. Kevin Chapman ruined that with his failed combichem junk. Scolnick believed Kevin's crap.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Managers such as these do not examine themselves nor do they reflect on their own job performance. They are pleased to receive large salaries and believe this is the justification of a job well done. They will never own any responsibility for MRL's poor performance and would be hard pressed to identify anything that they themselves could have done better. However they could prepare an endless list regarding the failure of others. This is Merck management.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't get your hopes up just yet. We may lose Vessey & Tillyer now, but the remainder of the vp layer will depend on the availability of the preferred external successors (old friends). Hence we will see a more gradual cleaning up at this level which will take place over the next 6 months or so.