Parietex Mesh

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is such a old message board but just had to read it. These medical salesmen that try to one up each other must feel really stupid now. So glad they sold that crap, it feels so good to be in pain everyday because of this mesh.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anonymous, I know what you are going through. My hernia is on the right. Had Parietex polyester mesh installed through laparoscopic surgery. Groin area swelled. At my postoperative visit surgeon said I had a hematoma. Pain increased to 12 on a 10 scale(previous kidney stone.) Had 4 emergency room visits due to severe pain (4-8 hours of yelling and crying, soaking with sweat with one time 4 days straight.) I had surgery to remove right testicle - pain so great that I was willing for doctor to just cut. CT scans showed mesh in proper location. Had another surgery to remove egg size scar tumor and nerves cut. I have been going to a pain clinic over a year and a half having many procedures and all kinds of pain meds ( narcotics only help/ Ibuprofin gave me bleeding ulcer. I now have to fight pain with everything I do. Wish mesh salesman had mesh installed to show customers! Then there would be no more mesh!

3. Phyrun Heng

Phyrun Heng Guest

So far so good. I'm reading all the horror stories and it scares me. So far perhaps I'm lucky but I have inguinal hernia on both left and right side. Operation done on 12/12/16 and now it's 1/3/2017 so it's been 3 weeks now. No pain, didn't even take any medications after the surgery. just the very mild tugging sensation sometimes in the abdomen, sometimes on the inner thighs which occurs once in a while. According to surgery report, Dr used Covidien Mesh 15x10cm 70% collagen, 30% polyester. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any chronic pain down the road. Should I be concerned?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet you all feel mighty silly after Covidien's Parietex recall..... *smugface*