Did they forget about mentioning Sankyo Pharma?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Nov 9, 2007 at 8:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) Appoints Jim Fong as Vice President, Commercial Operations

Fong will lead sales and marketing of CTI products

SEATTLE, Nov. 8, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTI) announced today that Jim Fong has been appointed the company's Vice President, Commercial Operations. Fong joins CTI with more than 20 years of sales and marketing experience.

Most recently, Fong was National Sales Director at CV Therapeutics (CVT) in Palo Alto, California, where he led the launch of Ranexa(R) for chronic angina. CTI recently agreed to acquire the drug ZEVALIN(R) from Biogen Idec for development, marketing, and sale in the United States. Closing of the acquisition, which remains subject to closing conditions including obtaining certain third party consents, is expected in mid-November.

"Jim did a great job at the launch of Ranexa and streamlining CVT's commercial operations. With his prior expertise in marketing and sales, and the launch of a novel blockbuster anti-cancer agent Camptosar(R), Jim has the ideal credentials to positively impact the ZEVALIN relaunch while optimizing the positioning of our future oncology products like pixantrone," noted James A. Bianco, M.D., President and CEO of CTI.

Fong, who will report directly to Dr. Bianco, will be in charge of directing the sales and promotion of CTI products at the national and international levels. This will include product positioning, promotional programs, reimbursement strategies, and development and training of a national sales force.

"I am very pleased to join the CTI team and help re-establish a strong sales and marketing presence for the company," said Fong. "ZEVALIN is a great product and CTI is on an upward growth path with multiple opportunities for product launches in the coming years."

At CVT, Fong managed a sales team of more than 200 people, including business managers, marketing and sales operations, and the sales training department. Prior to CVT, Fong directed several sales teams and also had previous oncology experience at Pharmacia in launching Camptosar. Fong holds a BS from UCLA in Psychology.

About Cell Therapeutics, Inc.

Headquartered in Seattle, CTI is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing an integrated portfolio of oncology products aimed at making cancer more treatable.

For additional information, please visit http://www.cticseattle.com.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" Jimmy Fong was the ring leader along with Mike Moran, Rick Parrish, Bill McLean and Jon Kleu. They manifested bogus PO Numbers and set-up a shell third party company to receive the invoice/billing transactions for large scale speaker programs that never existed. Dan Snyder was thrown under the bus as a scape goat and was forced out of the Sankyo Good Old Boys Club. They stole over $900,000. and threw a few AMEX checks here and there to a few select folks to keep their mouths shut. No one was ever held accountable for this money that added up to nearly 1 Million Dollars and almost everyone of them fled to a company called CV Therapeutics located in San Francisco, CVTX is very close to going into bankruptcy any day now and hope either Novartis or Sanofi-Aventis comes to their rescue with a buy-out offer."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dan was thrown under the bus? How about both Jim and Dan knowing there was shit going down w/managed care dudes trying to pull this all off and getting out. Jim and Dan were the two best RBD's in that company, don't slander those guys as they knew it was an uphill battle and decided to leave. If they really did that, don't you think they'd be in jail or at least charged with something? Stop the BS asshole, you don't know the details.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct about Dan Snyder. He was the best RD at Sankyo and just did not fit in to the good ol boys club well enough and was passed over for that promotion for the next level. Dan is doing terrific at his new company!

But, you are dead wrong on Jimmy - that guy is a scum bag! He not only took all that money from Sankyo in 2002-2003, he masterminded the whole "shell company" that was set-up to receive the checks from all those speaker/CME programs that never actually took place. On another note, this scum bag bamboozled a whole bunch of reps, DMs and CAMs to come over to CV Therapeutics with the promise of getting rich quick!

Hell, most of them were so stupid that they did not even realize that the 2,000 shares of stock they were given upon signing-on to CVTX, wasn't even stock - they were stock options with a strike price of $26 per share - Your good guy Jimmy, led them to believe that $26 x 2,000 was already $52,000. in their pocket.

He is charismatic, I will give you that much...He sold all these people that Ranexa® was going to be an overnight blockbuster and the stock would quickly go to $100 and possibly even to $200 a share very quickly and they would all be rich in the process. What really happened next was they all left Sankyo and did not make any commission dollars and the current CVTX stock price is currently resting comfortably at $10 per share.

Where is Jimmy now??? He just joined another fine pharmaceutical company that specializes in Oncology medication. Back in 2001, Cell Therapeutics, Inc. stock was at an all time high of $300.00 per share. Guess what happened...They got caught cheating by promoting off label and the stock is currently $3.00 per share - Yes, you read that correctly THREE DOLLARS per share. But I am sure that Jimmy can get that turned around very quickly!

Anyone have any extra cash laying around? You should consider picking up 10 or 20 Thousand shares of CTIC (NASDAQ), they look like they have a promising pipeline, in addition to that exciting press release announcing Jimmy's arrival, stating that he was going to use all his talents to re-launch BIOGEN Idec's orphaned drug: Zevalin®

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does anyone know where snyder and fong are now?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The FONG MAN ruined a lot of lives with his lies about CVT

'nuff said

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^ I worked under Jim Fong way back when he was still with CVT, and he honestly was the best guy I've ever had the pleasure of working for. It's been about 7 years since then, and I still remember things he taught me when I was just starting out in the industry. Maybe instead of bitching and making up stories about him "taking part in fraudulent activities" while at CVT, you move on with your lives, because I know he probably has.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"move on with your lives"

So...you dig up this shit that was posted 3 years ago??? You my idiotic friend, need to move on with your life!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole ordeal remains a stain on that time at Sankyo. It was unreal to learn about as a sales rep... that a rogue segment of managed care had essentially organized itself into a crime ring. It prevented the U.S. operations of Sankyo from being profitable by at least a year. You won't read about it in the paper though... it was was all cleaned up internally to save face with the public.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*bump