Go ACE +7

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Dec 4, 2014 at 2:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is back in the market boys.... you better watch out

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke. Enseal was a failure. Now it's time to repackage the Ace and call it +7.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was a cheap shot from COV

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ace 7 is far from a repackaged version of the older Ace. It will RELIABLY take large vessels and it will be a threat to Ligasure business

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few observations from many years selling advanced energy:

- Very few docs routinely take 7mm vessels with vessel sealers
    - The "old" harmonic was/is reliable on larger vessels in the right hands
    - It is still the same mechanism for hemostasis; you can't seal without cutting

Ace +7, 8, 9, 10, whatever. The entire space is shrinking because of robotics and being commoditized by reprocessing and me too devices from olympus, conmed, applied, aesculap and probably 3 or 4 Chinese companies that'll get licensed and sold by distributors over the next few years. A new harmonic is the least of my worries...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aesculap? Hilarious.... I have only seen that piece of shit in one of my accounts for an eval. Docs don't think it is good enough to bring another generator in, even if they put it on consignment. Not enough room on the cart for that junk. Where are you even seeing this product at geographically? If Arogon couldn't make it work, what makes you think those shitty stainless steel instrument reps who know jack shit about procedures can sell it? Just go ahead and quiz one of those reps clinically, the rep I saw damn near embarrassed himself in the O.R. Made my day to see this.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations on fending off that aesculap evaluation. Everyone has a story about one device or another being a piece of shit that their surgeons won't touch. The point is that every year there are more lower cost vessel sealing devices coming into the market, eroding the perceived value of vessel sealing technology as a whole. If you don't think that hospitals will accept an inferior product to save a few bucks, talk to a rep who's lost 60 or 70% of their sales to reprocessing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't wait for Applied to come out with their advanced bipolar, Voyant, in the US to wipe out Ligasure.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure to be a high-quality device.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You worried?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied Medical's history of introducing high-quality and innovative technology is certainly cause for concern, but I think we can hold them off.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I juss shat me self loffin whenna rudd this comment, laddies.