Merck seeks to reinvent R&D unit: WSJ

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which company? I like what your saying.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen, GSK or Genentec You like because it is truth

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And all of them have or plan to do the same layoffs~. It is the new business norm. don't take it personally but, the CEO has to answer to the BoD and shareholders.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that pretender still there? "Do science that is good enough" has always been one of his most inspiring mottos.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh c'mon, Hunter is top flight.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did Joe do his first week on the job ?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still at WP.........

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good observation months ago about Joe arriving. Extra layer for now until the shake-up. hope he makes the obvious changes needed. Enough process. Enough fear. Enough power to poor management. Enough vengeance. Few changes will start discovery on right track. WP is celebrating a first in class drug approved. Used innovative technology and genetics and succeeded. Theses people know how to drive programs so put them in key positions.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would make too much sense. In this world where Wall Street drives decisions and nothing makes any sense, WP will probably continue it's slide to irrelevance in the organization and power will end up in a useless site like Boston. Hope I'm wrong, but recent history suggests otherwise.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Joe is one of the most vicious managers I have ever seen in action. This will be fun to watch!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stage appears set for a year end bloodbath in MRL management.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will be the real clean out. Will Joe label doors and clean out desks? Take photos before and after?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was called Junkyard Joe at Amgen. He was Roger's pit bull. Roger kept him chained up in the parking garage next to the Porsches and BMWs. He unleashed him for review boards and anytime a manager needed to be mauled. The dog hated the Harvard types and the Oxbridge crowd - something to do with humble life as a puppy. It will be fun to watch...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Junkyard Joe is a one man show! Who do you think is on his short list besides Rupert? Rich Murray is already gone so scratch him off the list. I give him credit that he got a whiff of Joe's anal musk and ran before everyone else.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What reinvention? I walk the Kenilworth corridors and just see large empty labs just like it was in Rahway. A few tireless souls grinding out their experiments. Where is everybody? Can just a few produce enough data to satisfy management? It would seem that we are simply engaged in thought experiments. Pity!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MRL "leaders" have destroyed the once great scientific community we had. Now we're a bunch if process driven assay-bots with any shred of creativity or inquisitiveness being filtered out with each round of layoffs. Try coming to WP sometime. They decimated the pharmacology group and apparently were going to rebuild it in Kenilworth. Doesn't sound like that happened either. When's the move to bldg14 again?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some role models now with 2 FDA approved meds. Those contributors should be our leaders. Out the rest.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Change needed and required to survive. The famous process people are still destroying Mrl. The fame should come to an end nothing lasts forever. The shoes still too big. A few changes in leadership will make all the difference.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn’t it amazing that after all the turmoil and changes over the past years we’re still in the same place? Shuffling the same leadership around will never do the trick. I’m convinced that people would be capable of dealing with another major shakeup, but only if it’s change people believe in. Our loyal yes saying and scientifically brain dead leadership is very good at hiding and making themselves look good. They have perfected it into an art and they support each other. That’s how this system is maintained. An objective 360 review of all of them would be the best way to weed them out once and for all.