why do pharma reps think they can sell capital equipment?

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2006 at 12:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Conspiracy theorists are just eductated people, that understand the world.

Do you even understand that?

Keep you head in the sand, I guess its a good way to live. Good for you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a good way to live. You have no power to make any changes either in this society.

Yup, the conspiracy theorists are the educated ones, you know the ones with the black UN helicopters, the 911 truthers, the holocaust deniers, the Obama birthers, yup...

I'll spend the time you spend thinking about this with my family.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its funny you bring up the Holocaust...

was it only the Jews that got slaughtered? NO.

Yet, that is all we hear about, how the Jews got schafted. Well, all groups got slaughtered during WW2, it was NEVER a Jewish thing, yet the fake Jews use the Holocaust to justify killing the Palentinias and taking there land.

You really are clueless. Keep reading your distorted history books, for more lies, especially if you really think some Arabs with box cutters really took those planes and knocked down a building, that just happened to have cameras positioned perfectly as they got hit. Oh ya, building 7 got knocked down by accident, right?

Grow up.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you did your research (I am sure you have not), you would come to the conclusion that the mainstream media lies...

you are still to dumb to even realize that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the energy you have regarding conspiracies and donate time to charity, work harder and spend more time with your family. The rest of your notions are just "noise" in the back of your head that may prevent you from enjoying life.

Best of luck to you.

And I may be clueless, but who cares? I have money in the bank, a happy family and a decent job. And if I get laid off...mehh, my wife works and I have a shit load in savings. I live within my means.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck to you too.

You may want to look into the deeper things in life before you pass, it will probably make the afterlife more bearable for you.

Or, just keep your head in the sand, most people do, and most people end up on the short end of the stick when all is said and done.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a Pharma Rep thinks he/she can sell medical equipment then go do it and stop handing out drugs. Selling is when your income is on the line everyday. There is no one giving you a salary and benefits. I was thrown to the wolves 20 years ago and for the love of not wanting my family to starve, I busted ass and became very successful. Anyone who gives it their all, with a never look attitude, can do it. If you want it, then give up everything that holds you back, get a product line and go sell it.
    Good luck.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, the independent sales route makes no sense to me. I am a "company guy" who sells medical devices for a large company.

By the time you start factoring in health insurance for a family of four which is probably 2500 a month and premiums that rise 10% a year

Then add
    gas expenses, car expenses, cell phone/wifi, travel expenses at another 1500 a month...

You are spending 50 grand a year on that crap, plus no matching on 401k, no sponsored life insurance, disability, no defined career path within an organization...

Go sell for a good company, make 175-250 a year with a nice base, and have the support of a large company with marketing efforts, etc.

I do respect the indies out there. I have worked along side some of them. But when push comes to shove, I'll take having to put up with company BS versus the incredible risks/costs of selling indy. Indies are better sales reps than me for sure. But when our incomes are the same (or close to it) and I am not worried making my mortgage, I'll take being a shitty sales rep. I have sold in better economies than right now and I can tell you now is not the time to go indy selling big ticket items. Maybe for disposables, but not 50k dollar plus widgets. I sell very expensive items right now and other than section 179 buying, the market is crap. It just isn't me. My competitors are sucking ass right now too. I know because I am not seeing new placements of my class of devices like I used to.

To each his own. I realize I could get fired at any time. But a near 100k base salary with all expenses paid and another 75 -125 or so in commission is fine with me.

could I hack it as an indy? No. Do I view being a true "salesman" who has more skill as the next guy as anything glorious? Nope. I am there to make a paycheck.