short list for LA

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2014 at 3:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a short list of people who have been with Stryker Recon Ortho in LA who have left the branch on their own. Keep in mind, there have been others who have exited not on their own as well.

Maybe its time for Kichler to have a look in the mirror and possibly this time not check out his hair.

Ken Kowalski, Scott Smith, Tyler Jolley, Asa Hager, Cole Casani, Victor Torrente, Chris Remala, Chris Kuehle, Barry Alford, Ryan Kaiser, Ray Gorman, Todd Patterson, Scott Poe, John Gurnery, Kimmberly Elasky, Mark Paine, Chevy Ryan, Ryan Benander, Jason Leon, Ryan Beaty, Steve Braun, Per Chas, Mike Vanis, and Neil Elasky (I know I'm leaving people out, and I know I have missed some as well) have all left the LA branch in the recent years.

WHAT A MESS!!!

Get to the gym stryker people, stop this insanity. Retention is not proven to show success, wait...yes it is

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jack Barnhisel left too. but he got FIRED!!!! Well deserved. Jack, if you are reading this, nice score on the Gallup. Lowest ever from a Stryker manager, well done kiddo. We all knew you were an overachiever.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Southern Cal has been a non-performer for 20 years with a year or two of fair performance. That "team" needed to be trashed. In the housing business it is called a knockdown. An AVP with skills and vision is needed and clearly that doesn't seem to be the situation, in most areas of the country. It was time to take out the trash and clean up the yard.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

looks like "anonymous" knows a bit of history and a tad of the Housing industry. If I'm reading it correctly 30 people left a small region due to management not economic stresses. Every depressed neighborhood doesn't get a "knockdown". One can do amazing things with historic and history rich properties. To level a branch is stupid and to keep flushing the branch down the toilet every few months is dumber. If you level the housing blocks of Watts and build bungalows you don't attract economically rich yuppies to the area, you get what you sow. "I think I'll stroll my baby down to Starbucks this morning, get mugged,rapped,robbed, and my baby kidnapped in to the sex trade. I don't see the yuppies of Watts liking that Sunday morning routine. Leadership needs smart execution and working with people is smart. You get more with sugar than anger, the TV "Profit' says, "You get rich when you support people and processes" not when you level the property. In 1942 Germany really liked that little man with a funny mustache- didn't workout well for them did it. Stryker needs strong leadership, a Churchill or a Patton, not a Stalin, Mussolini, Saddam Hussein, or Obama Bin Laden. Strength with the ability to lead, not a black widow eating her mate after sex. Change in the right direction shouldn't lead 30 people to quit. That exodus is failure from the top. These are people that took the trash out "willingly" and then kept running! So yes, the smart people did leave. If you don't believe the facts in front of you reach out and ask them. If you take a LA job don't be surprised, you willingly signed on the dotted line. I was one of those who took the trash out and kept running, failure to perform was not the reason they left it was a terrible working environment. I'm glad I left.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice real estate reference, clown. It seems as though your neighbors are using your trash to build mansions on your block. All the meanwhile, your foundation hasn't even been started. "Knockdown"??? Re-read the original post knucklef@$%. All the business those guys had, they took with them for the most part. So, build it at Stryker and get paid for it somewhere else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mike fero is a cun t.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jack, you are reading this right? Jack, Jack, Jack??? It's ok, plenty of companies are hiring qualified sales people....ah shit, sales experience needed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee, all of the business that those reps took with them has really hurt Stryker. $4 Billion in cash and stock at 80 per share. Where did they all go? I bet those companies are happy now that they realize that they have reps who can grow 4 % per year. Real winners for their new teams. If these reps were all so good, why was LA on the bottom of the performance list most of the time? Oh...it was the manager who could only grow 4% not the reps. It is actually good that a competitor has the slow growers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stock quoter call Stryker Corporate and ask what branch was #2 two to three years ago. Consisting of a majority of those players that left? Was it LA? Why would one work on a winning team and then quit?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker has been decimated in LA That loss of reps has killed sales and profits. Just look at the Stryker balance sheet. Stryker has wanted to clean out this garbage dump for 20 years and finally it is almost done. Unhappy reps will do well with the competition until they cause the same issues there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty accurate post.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh gents....there appears to be a lot of deep bitterness with this situation and branch. I think the best thing to do is hit the gym today. After all, it's Friday, leg day. Everyone needs to take a Xanax or possibly hit a little nose candy and forget about all the issues. Think about it, Stryker is profitable and growing with or without you. Our stock is at 80 and we have plenty of cash reserve. What the f&@% does that matter? It sure as hell isn't from the LA branch's bottom line. It's from selling beds, CRM, nav (wait, not nav), spine, instruments or one of the many other divisions. How can S&N be kicking stryker's ass in LA? S&N, Biomet, Zimmer, Depuy, Don Joy, wright medical, am I forgetting anyone else??? Come on Kichler, embarrassing!!! Hire some competitors or something. These 22yr olds are clearly not getting it done. Hire us some business!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got a call from a recruiter about an opening in knee and hip replacement in LA with Stryker. Is all this about Los Angeles or Louisiana? I just graduated in December and have been working in software sales. Suggestions? The recruiter said first year $80k and after that most reps are making $200k plus at plan.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That idiot talking about only growing 4% is part if the problem. In today's current environment expecting 20% growth from everyone is a losing receipt. Look at growth in the total joint market across the country. Also with pricing trends it is very easy to have reps growing market share and have even or even down sales numbers. If every Stryker rep grew their business 4% then that would make Stryker the top Ortho company for total joint growth that year. You have to look at units and market share to truly access performance.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Left Stryker in 2007. Knew some of these people. REALLY, what took you Californians so long to realize Stryker wants your ass gone. I bet Stryker thinks your over paid, over age and in the way of progress. They need those new 20 year olds to control and work to death. You old folks are too smart, too experienced and will not charge ahead blindly.

We knew this 10 years ago in Texas. We ain't so dumb after all are we. We have are own distributorships established now.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above comments are clearly from another non-performer who thinks growing at 4% is in any way acceptable--anywhere. Hey dummy--ever wonder why no one would ever make you a manager? If you think 4% is good growth I am sure someone will hire you quickly. Stryker can absorb the short term losses in LA and come out ahead in the long run. Perhaps you should jump into the trash truck while it is still around. Maybe a competitor will hire you too--You sound like a real winner or is it weiner?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the 4% poster. I work for a competitor in an area who has taken big price cuts due to national contracts. Our distributor supports us if we have a down year as long as we are growing. This is why I have been here so long and built a very successful team. I grow every year sometimes double digit sometimes single digit. My junior reps have more experience than most of the Stryker reps in this area. The managers for Stryker ran off in one way or another most of the experienced good reps. The two that are left are actively talking to us and other competitors. What they replaced the reps who left with were young inexperienced "hungry" guys. It's a pretty easy sell "hey doc do you really trust that rep to have you covered for your revisions or tough primaries". Last year I only grew my sales 8% but my units were up 18%. It sounds like as a manager DBag you would have been all over this with your short sightedness and lack of understanding on the orthopedic environment. You would be probably losing a 6.5million dollar team.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love it when "The Real Deal" weighs in.
    I second the opinion. I, for a fact, was a Stryker manager who called bullshit on their new sales strategy for reps. $100,000.00 per year reps is the new model. They have been working this direction since 2006 or so.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The short list has spoken. Theses last few "real deal" facts tell a chilling story for prospective and experienced reps. Competitors, previous Stryker managers, reps, and the 30 plus who have left tell the story. Stryker is not a people focused company. People are what make it work.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The dead wood has spoken. What a proof source. If he was growing 18% one year and 8% the next Stryker would have fought to keep him. Average growth of 13% per year is twice what the industry has been growing. Get real here. This definitive voice was probably a cancer and Stryker will, long term, thrive without him. Everyone that knows who he is would probably agree.