5 year prediction

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2015 at 6:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DD will cash in, investors will cash out, distributors gone, persona knee inventory killing bottom line, trauma dead in the water. Many will say , why did we spend that 13B ? Any other comments ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I strongly disagree. Yes equity holders will cash in...remember this is a capitalistic society, and that's just fine! The business (Zimmer Biomet) will be a powerhouse in orthopedics and will grow and grow over the years. The combined business will be better able to combine resources and deal with he ever changing industry and business. Ortho is a long term strong growth business and the strong will survive and flourish. The small and weak will continue to decline. In my opinion, a long-term great industry. Maybe I am just an optimist but if you are not...then move on to something you think is more lucrative.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, Ortho business, while changing, will be strong for years to come. Unfortunately this business is becoming like the retail business....WalMart comes to town and puts all the small, family owned stores out of business...but we like it because of the cheap prices. Maybe Zimmer Biomet will be that in ortho???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Stryker is the Walmart analogy. ZB will be strong, and leverage the portfolio for solid prices. Stryker needs one more recall to prove their low prices don't mean cost savings, and hospitals pass on the bargain bin to buy the sensible product offering of JJ and ZB.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big box retailers need breadth in product lines. Zimmer and Biomet need to branch into other lines to compete with Stryker and JnJ. For instance, they need a few cornerstone product lines but they could reasonably enter the laparoscopic/general surgery market. Or, they could decide to focus on ortho and go head to head with Arthrex. Biggest knowledge gap on either end strategy is the development of capital products. But there are lots of partners or tuck in acquisitions that could get them there.