Working at Shire

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Feb 9, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is it like working for Shire? The good, bad and ugly please!
    Thank you!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good ended when PS got here. Its now all bad and ugly. Especially his vp of sales. Run away, fast.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOT the same company it used to be. Everything is about stock price and cutting corners to get there. NO respect for employees by senior management. We have been treated terribly by senior management who only care about cash in their own pockets. Lots of budget and staff cuts last year and this year, more to come is my guess. Word around the company is FO is stripping the company to make it easier to sell.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. Thats exactly what they're doing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PS's version of a good time is holding a fake birthday party for someone whose birthday it isn't. Seriously.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prior to FO becoming CEO, Shire was a bloated, dysfunctional alliance of 3 separate companies. He did what anyone coming into that situation would have done; eliminated redundant functions, stopped projects that would not benefit the company, and basically dumped anything that didn't help the bottom line.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the response FO!
    Yes you have kept your agenda very well.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At what cost? Improving bottom line only has a downside too. This is horrible leadership make no mistake about it. From FO down and inclusive of those he brought in here. They have one goal - streamline the company and sell iit off, thats it. At least Shire was built on a better plan with better leadership.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a laugh. Say what you will, Angus took the stock from the low 30s to over 115, and did it while keeping the company civil, developing products, and now, in retrospect, with much better leaders. Now we have the stock pumped because everyone is waiting for a takeover, we cut costs, and have to buy a pipeline. Yeah, lots better now, not.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can sum it all in one word, SUCKS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great benefits package that includes pedicures!!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So nothing good at all?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a job. What else do you need to know? Do you have one now? Still living with mommy and daddy, whining about your college loans? You sniveling little turd make me sick.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That response was from the VP of Sales. Charming, motivational leader she is, no?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your honest opinion. Actually my parents are long dead and when I went to school we worked our way through with jobs, rather than take money from the government. I'm sorry to have struck such a sore note with you. You seem to be as miserable and mean spirited as the management you bash on your board. I'm a humble investor trying to get info, not your angst. Thanks though!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you really feel?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an example of the kind of individual that inhabits this industry anymore. For those wanting in -- beware.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll take this over the kind of individuals who are running pharma now, especially at Shire. KK and PS, two scumbags not worthy of any respect at all. Don't worry "karma" is coming for both of them.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dickwad. Some people really suck.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vs worthless pussies like you who think the world owes you a living.